LED question

I don’t really understand how to read specs for light and what makes one better than another. Does anyone have a resources to read to learn more about that? Also, does this look like a good deal on this link? I’m looking for a new light for my 4x4 for my autos.

4 Likes

The specs look on par with other lights but I’m not familiar with that brand so I’m not sure how accurate they are
Definitely a good price if it is what they say it is. :grin:

2 Likes

make sure you match your light size to the grow space size. what is the size of your grow space?

What’s your budget like? Not familiar w/ the brand in the link, but the price does put it into the ‘too good to be true’ category for me.

The migro youtube channel is a decent place to start learning if you dont mind watching his videos but he does sell his own brand LED fixtures at the end of the day. https://www.ledgrowlightsdepot.com/ is another place to browse a lot of available brands at good prices to get an idea of whats out there, lots of good options.

Or ask here :+1:

some important things to look out for are: total wattage,type of diodes, efficiency, max output, dimensions (they can get large quick!), extra features like dimming/spectrum/uv etc. probably leaving stuff out. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

For a 4ftx4ft tent

1 Like

It’s on sale for that price, I think originally it was closer to $600 but it’s been at the sale price awhile I think! Checking out stuff from that link now though

check this one out. same features but better light spectrum and better far red with these diodes, helps buds. pretty much the same price but way better led grow light. you will not be disappointed. most people say it is too strong and have to dial it back.

the reason they sell the old led on a sales / discount is because they are dino old tecch just like computers and phones.

shop wisely.

1 Like

that’s interesting. i use old computers exclusively because of cost. i was trying to compare those two lights but when they switched variables on one measurement i gave it up. i believe that i would go with the other one just because i hate anything called “smart”.

1 Like

Cheap leds work great
I have 2 Mars for 89 bucks each
2 bloomspect at 40 each
The most expensive I have is the oldest
Bloomspect 1000 think I payed 112.00
Had it 5 years.
Gl

3 Likes