LED: Running closer Than Spec

@Foreigner I’m in for some “fun” fuckery down the road…

I spilled some Nepali Watermelon Hashplant seeds into my foot-bath when sorting the co-op vials so I tossed them in water with some h202 and 3 of them sprouted right away. :sweat_smile:

Now I have them in a 2x2x5 and am already running them at 12/12 3 days into them sprouting in a fuck-around and find out self-solo-cup challenge. :rofl:

I hope they are all females after the nearly all males fiasco with the reproduction run… and considering HOW BIG they got them I’m already all LOL’s with the fuckery I’m expecting.

I’m also gonna feed these with all the home made amendments @MissinBissin and I are making to increase the fuckery factor. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I plan to do something similar with my Durban’s when I get them but I’ll give them 2 weeks veg.

2 Likes

How close are you to flower period? You could defoliate so much more if you got some weeks.

I just stripped 4 plants down to shoots and minimal fan leaves for food generation in 1 gallon pots for a small flower run in my basement.

3x GMO and 1x Pink Lemonade #2. I have them outdoors as well but I really want “primo” of the PL#2 for flower and the GMO for a hash run.

I could have stripped those even more but I wanna flip in 2 weeks so I left some larger fans for reasons.

2 Likes

The funny thing they keep stretching back up lol

3 Likes

I’m about a week and a half into flower. If they don’t stretch anymore I’ll consider myself golden.

1 Like

I did this with the Jalisco’s and stuck with 1 gallon nursery pots and they kept small due to the stunting of the taproot. The NWHP were in airpots and thusly grew through my barlight. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not familiar with the stretch on those but :crossed_fingers: they stop soon for you and you’ll have a primo canopy to enjoy :hugs:

I get the feeling I might just be ok. Even ok to crank the light to 80% but we will see. I’ll probably do it for 10 hours and see how they react.

1 Like

Light intensity probably follows the same curve as ec/ppm as a good guide

: )

1 Like

I taper my increase around 100ppfd every 24hours. I could map a better curve but I haven’t yet.

1 Like

Best I can do with this dimmer is 20%

1 Like

Darn. I sometimes barely move the dial on my MH and see the PPFD jump in my app’s readout so I feel this.

I really want a system where I can plug in a photo sensitive controller and have the light programmable by PPFD where I can type in my PPFD value and the light dims to increases to match the readout of the sensor placed at canopy level in the tent.

This being said, I’ve also always wanted to have a controller that would match the sky above my house to the leds in the fixture but that’s a pipedream.

I’ve seen a project someone did where there was series of sensors on a panel aimed at the sky that could read the variations of the light levels when clouds passed overhead and then map it to the led grid inside. The effect was that of dappled sunlight but from an LED panel source.

This person did this for their aquarium but I always thought it would be cool as fuck to do this with a grow tent.

2 Likes

1 Like