LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

Gonna have to inform myself to the facts. Have some reading and reserching to do tonight. If anything pops up, i’ll ask. As usual. HAHAHA!

• So preflowers show under 18/6, that is NEW to me.
  • Sex them in veg 101.

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Usually a preflower is a single calyx with the two little white hairs and we all know what balls look like. Just give them a little time before axing them have two of the crosses that looked male then what I thought were balls a leaf is growing now.
OG

4 Likes

What size pot how much light what medium etc

4 Likes

One gallon pots, 400W in veg 600W during flower in coco with Technaflora nutes.

Gonna remove bottom branches tomorrow and veg the plants until they reach 18 inches to switch to flower.

There are 24 plants in the tent right now, i expect 50% to be males and culled. If i can’t fit the females in the tent, some of them will finish outdoor.

Oh ok, i was freaking out, like there was some unknown tech to pre-sex them during veg or something! LOL

4 Likes

I am holding 22 plants in veg, 14 different strains and all my girls show pre flowers in veg.
When sexing seedlings I will not throw one away until I see real-deal balls. It’s not like a male is going to spew pollen the first couple days. No reason to not wait to be 100% sure it’s a male.
Like @OG1969 said, I have had some plants look a lot like a male and the they throw the single haired pre flower.

6 Likes

Thanks guys. I’ll be sure to pay close attention to that. Tomorrow is a big day since i am pruning all my lower branches off of the 24 plants and well, i guess i’ll check for preflowers as well.

EDIT

6 Likes

Week 5 update:
Doing just ok. They seem to be mag def and the three that haven’t been doing well look like they are getting heat stressed now. Seven on the right are for sure male. I’ll probably compost then tomorrow. I think I’ll switch them to 12/12 this week

3 Likes

Lets see some pic’s, so we can figure out whats up please?

2 Likes

Ditto that, would love to see pics. What kind of temps we talking?
Peace OG

2 Likes

Here’s a pic. I’ll take a couple more of the problem plants tomorrow. For some reason I couldn’t upload earlier.

4 Likes

Yup, looking a tad Mg def and needin a little N. I would add 20% to your N and add 1/4 tsp of Epsom salt per gal of water for 2 feedings personally. They will bounce back fine IMHO. Keep on keepin on bro. :peace:

6 Likes

I foliar fed them with 1/2 tbsp epsom in a quart of h20 twice this week, but haven’t seen improvement yet. I’ll add epsom to the feed today. These are some hungry plants.

2 Likes

Some more pics.

6 Likes

I also would like to make an update on Monday, as i said i would, i think i have skipped a couple, sorry.

HppHrvst

10 Likes

Looking good Mad man.

I think you are getting the hang of this set up just fine.

Looking forward to your finish.

4 Likes

I topped the plants today, listening to @LED_Seedz about the best way to use COB light (LEDs) and they were topped and will grow them a little more to make the branches develop and then switch them to flower.

Let’s see how it goes. The Alien Rift was also topped.

Alien Rift on the left, hybrid leaves. LGOGxSF on the right, the very big indica leaves.

LGOG x SF
Alien Rift

They got 600mL, 2.0EC @ 6.0pH. The preflowers might have been a false alarm, nothing yet.

HppHrvst

8 Likes

They’re looking good! You are feeding them a lot more than me and it looks like they are eating it up. I think I’ll try upping the feed next time.

How about a couple of close up pics? I’m surprised they don’t have preflowers yet. Mine have preflowers, but are a week or two behind yours and in worse health.

5 Likes

I think you mihgt wanna trake it easy on the feeding bro, unless you use the same nutes that i do. I measured some other nutes with it and they came out very low compared to mine. I think it’s the TechnaFlora nutrients that somehow measure higher on the scale but it doesn’t harm the plant somehow. I tried measuring the General Organics and they came to like 0.9 or 1.1 EC the last time. So i think it’s the nutes.

Close ups coming right up!

EDIT

Pictures, if you need close ups like, macros i need to do it tomorrow. But hope these ones are good.

5 Likes

Are you using the TechnaFlora feeding schedule? I’d like to compare it to what I’ve been using.

3 Likes

Religiously, yes. You should try them, reaaaaaally good!

And cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/TECHNAFLORA-SUCCESS-STARTER-CANARIES-PIPETTE/dp/B01F80S83C/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1517964110&sr=8-19&keywords=technaflora+nutrients

2 Likes