LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

Nice explanation! That was very helpful.

3 Likes

4th week of veg update:

Doing OK, looking a little too wet at the moment and three of them just donā€™t like me.

I think itā€™s the cold. The power has gone off a couple times this week and the temps have dropped into the low 60ā€™s. They also got watered with 30 something degree water by accident! They have preflowers, but are still symmetrical and I canā€™t tell the males from females yet.

5 Likes

Dang opposite luck here, popped 5 Jillybeans and all are female!

3 Likes

The 6 in the back
Took off lower nodes yesterday too

9 Likes

How tall would these plants get if i start to flower them now? They are 8 inches tall, will be removing the bottom 4 branches.

Alien Rift says it will stretch aprox. up to 75%, so i dunnoā€¦

Does anyone have an idea?

4 Likes

Probably less than 16 inches even if it doubled in size. Too early IME.

2 Likes

Yeah me too.

What i am thinking of doing is pruning the lower branches now, to encourage the top ones to grow more before flowering.

What do you think?

2 Likes

I would prune the lowers to give you more room. Are you seeing any pre-flowers?

2 Likes

Are those the little ā€œbudsā€ that form at the internodes? I havenā€™t checked, but they have been on 18/6 all the wayā€¦

They shouldnā€™t have anyā€¦

2 Likes

They could @MadScientist a plant can and usually does show sex in 18/6 lighting. Those are the preflowers , I usually sex all my plants in veg if possible.
Peace OG

4 Likes

Gonna have to inform myself to the facts. Have some reading and reserching to do tonight. If anything pops up, iā€™ll ask. As usual. HAHAHA!

• So preflowers show under 18/6, that is NEW to me.
  • Sex them in veg 101.

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Usually a preflower is a single calyx with the two little white hairs and we all know what balls look like. Just give them a little time before axing them have two of the crosses that looked male then what I thought were balls a leaf is growing now.
OG

4 Likes

What size pot how much light what medium etc

4 Likes

One gallon pots, 400W in veg 600W during flower in coco with Technaflora nutes.

Gonna remove bottom branches tomorrow and veg the plants until they reach 18 inches to switch to flower.

There are 24 plants in the tent right now, i expect 50% to be males and culled. If i canā€™t fit the females in the tent, some of them will finish outdoor.

Oh ok, i was freaking out, like there was some unknown tech to pre-sex them during veg or something! LOL

4 Likes

I am holding 22 plants in veg, 14 different strains and all my girls show pre flowers in veg.
When sexing seedlings I will not throw one away until I see real-deal balls. Itā€™s not like a male is going to spew pollen the first couple days. No reason to not wait to be 100% sure itā€™s a male.
Like @OG1969 said, I have had some plants look a lot like a male and the they throw the single haired pre flower.

6 Likes

Thanks guys. Iā€™ll be sure to pay close attention to that. Tomorrow is a big day since i am pruning all my lower branches off of the 24 plants and well, i guess iā€™ll check for preflowers as well.

EDIT

6 Likes

Week 5 update:
Doing just ok. They seem to be mag def and the three that havenā€™t been doing well look like they are getting heat stressed now. Seven on the right are for sure male. Iā€™ll probably compost then tomorrow. I think Iā€™ll switch them to 12/12 this week

3 Likes

Lets see some picā€™s, so we can figure out whats up please?

2 Likes

Ditto that, would love to see pics. What kind of temps we talking?
Peace OG

2 Likes

Hereā€™s a pic. Iā€™ll take a couple more of the problem plants tomorrow. For some reason I couldnā€™t upload earlier.

4 Likes