LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

You can figure out actual PPM of each element with the information on the bottle. The conversion only applies to meters. They measure EC and then convert it to PPM, but the problem is the ingredients all have different potential EC and the different conversions make it confusing to compare one result with another.

EC is an actual measurement. Although you can’t get actual PPM from it. PPM is also a real unit of measurement, but it can’t be calculated very accurately by a meter. When you are using a meter you have an actual EC measurement or a guess for PPM based on one of three equations.

So while neither EC or PPM measured with a meter tell you exactly what is going on. EC is less likely to be misunderstood.

Anyway the short version is you can figure out actual PPM. You just can’t measure it with a meter.

2 Likes

I have used a two part formula of General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom before. Here’s the actual PPM from that based on 6ml per gal of Micro and 9ml per gal of Bloom

N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

Here’s what I’m using now 20g Megacrop per 4.5 gal H2O
N 117
P 28
K 141
Mg 22 + 26 from Epsom Salt = 48
S 13 + 34 from Epsom Salt = 47
Ca 76

2 Likes

Its kind of compareing apples and oranges. Organic nutrients generally do not alter EC because they are not in an ionic form like the salt based nutrients. Compare GH and TechnaFlora and you are likely go get similar EC.

3 Likes

The males appear to be thriving in their new “no till” environment :smiley:

Yes. That is a stalk of celery in the background.

7 Likes

Those are some pretty males you’ve got there. Lmao

3 Likes

TechnaFlora nutes in PPM:
veg:
N 150
P 30
K 162
Ca 141
Mg 69
S 71

flower:
N 180
P 100
K 110
Ca 141
Mg 89
S 106

2 Likes

Way way high huh!?

What do you make of that bro?

1 Like

I don’t know. Looks ok to me. It showcases how little the PPM numbers from a meter have to do with reality.
The Technaflora has similar PK values as megacrop, but more N and way more Ca, Mg and S. My plants are showing some deficiencies in N, Mg and Ca so…
Those theoretical PPM numbers are based on Technaflora specs and feeding schedule. I don’t know what their tolerances are but any of those numbers could be off by %25 or more in either direction.

1 Like

I noticed my plants were like this today, anyone have an idea why this is happening?

1 Like

Heat, or pH issues? I have two that have looked like those since the begining I haven’t figured out what they want yet though.

2 Likes

I doubt it’s pH since i always control the water that i put in it. Maybe Heat, more than likely, right!?

Gonna raise the light a little bit more to help them, i haven’t been raising the light at all. I guess i forgot and the A/C failed to work one of these days and… Gonna fix that.

Thanks @RickSanchez

I know what i did. My fault. I hope they don’t die.

I gave them Thrive Alive Red as foliar this morning, and forgot to turn off the lights, so they got burnt. Notice how they are only like that on the top of the canopy, that is because those were the leaves to receive the foliar feeding in the most part…

I f**ked up!

I really hope they don’t die. I already spotted 8 out fo the 12 Alien Rift female, and a couple of the LGOGxSF too.

EDIT.

They recovered and it’s like nothing happened here. Tomorrow they are going to be fed again.

Some are showing pre-flowers now, mostly the Alien Rift, it has a very high female ratio, tomorrow i will update again, and give you better numbers. I think the LGOGxSF needs a little more time, i did see little pods occurring in the nodes but too early to tell sex.

4 Likes

I think they’ll be fine! Mine are super vigorous and have gorgeous fat elephant ear leaves. I have a feeling that the force in strong in that male Star Fighter F5. @LED_Seedz I can’t wait til some room opens up in my flower area. Unfortunately will transplant and flip pretty quickly without giving them much time to feel out their new shoes but I’ll be keeping cuts and figuring out which I like the best (which I believe will be no easy feat… This stuff is gonna be potent. And to have star Dawg Guava x Sunshine Daydream growing right next to them. Their crop will be no joke)

Much love!

6 Likes

Mine were flipped I think a week or so ago and are barely showing sex now. Both baby girls looks like and starting to stretch some. I doubt you get any real sexing going on until these are flipped.

6 Likes

I found one male just now on your plants bro. I don’t have another tent to try and salvage some pollen. Should i kill it?

Damn it!

All the rest continue to NOT show preflowers, like you said.

I got 8 feet in height on my tent, minus the lamp and distance necessary from it to the top of the canopy which is like 20 inches, so I wanna grow them a little more. How tall will they get if i start to flower them now @LED_Seedz?

Tallest one is 13 inches, a LGOGxSF that takes the prize, PLEASE BE A GIRL! The shortest one is 7 inches and it’s also a LGOGxSF. I measured it from the bottom of the main stem to the top of the plant. Not the pot.

LGOGxSF
Alien Rift

6 Likes

Sure, I would like to see a picture of the entire plant if I could b4 it is dead.

Guess you’re gonna see now.

6 Likes

I can choose the healthiest and most vigorous male to take it outdoors, where it’s not going to polinate any plants, mine would be a couple hundred yards at barlovento. I can do one. Mostly because i would like to make some seeds with one of the females i got running now. And since this male has shown it self earlier…

And a good guess about the height, do you have no idea?

3 Likes

Hey buddy, just a quick suggestion, and you may have already done it…breeders are all different and since I really never know what they are up too…that’s not my role in the testing equation…I always ask permission to use the provided tester genetics, to clear it with the breeder first, some don’t mind, others find it offensive. I’m not speaking in any way for @LED_Seedz since I always ask if I have a desire to use some of his personal genetics. Peace brother, looking forward to seeing the male go OD and flower, that’s gonna rock fosure. :peace:

7 Likes

I absolutely do which is why I gave you instructions on how and when to flip. Now you’ll see for yourself.

4 Likes

NO, i was wrong to want to do this, and won’t be following that course of action, sorry @LED_Seedz!

Thanks @Kraven

5 Likes