LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

Yup, looking a tad Mg def and needin a little N. I would add 20% to your N and add 1/4 tsp of Epsom salt per gal of water for 2 feedings personally. They will bounce back fine IMHO. Keep on keepin on bro. :peace:

6 Likes

I foliar fed them with 1/2 tbsp epsom in a quart of h20 twice this week, but haven’t seen improvement yet. I’ll add epsom to the feed today. These are some hungry plants.

2 Likes

Some more pics.

6 Likes

I also would like to make an update on Monday, as i said i would, i think i have skipped a couple, sorry.

HppHrvst

10 Likes

Looking good Mad man.

I think you are getting the hang of this set up just fine.

Looking forward to your finish.

4 Likes

I topped the plants today, listening to @LED_Seedz about the best way to use COB light (LEDs) and they were topped and will grow them a little more to make the branches develop and then switch them to flower.

Let’s see how it goes. The Alien Rift was also topped.

Alien Rift on the left, hybrid leaves. LGOGxSF on the right, the very big indica leaves.

LGOG x SF
Alien Rift

They got 600mL, 2.0EC @ 6.0pH. The preflowers might have been a false alarm, nothing yet.

HppHrvst

8 Likes

They’re looking good! You are feeding them a lot more than me and it looks like they are eating it up. I think I’ll try upping the feed next time.

How about a couple of close up pics? I’m surprised they don’t have preflowers yet. Mine have preflowers, but are a week or two behind yours and in worse health.

5 Likes

I think you mihgt wanna trake it easy on the feeding bro, unless you use the same nutes that i do. I measured some other nutes with it and they came out very low compared to mine. I think it’s the TechnaFlora nutrients that somehow measure higher on the scale but it doesn’t harm the plant somehow. I tried measuring the General Organics and they came to like 0.9 or 1.1 EC the last time. So i think it’s the nutes.

Close ups coming right up!

EDIT

Pictures, if you need close ups like, macros i need to do it tomorrow. But hope these ones are good.

5 Likes

Are you using the TechnaFlora feeding schedule? I’d like to compare it to what I’ve been using.

3 Likes

Religiously, yes. You should try them, reaaaaaally good!

And cheap too.

https://www.amazon.com/TECHNAFLORA-SUCCESS-STARTER-CANARIES-PIPETTE/dp/B01F80S83C/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&qid=1517964110&sr=8-19&keywords=technaflora+nutrients

2 Likes

Your plants look really healthy! I’m trying this one part dry fertilizer called Mega Crop from Greenleaf Nutrients right now, but I’m getting Mg and N def so… Anyway trying to simplify things. The 5-6 part schedules are kind of a PITA. Next run I might do Mega Crop vs. General Hydroponics (2 part H3ad formula) side by side. Although I’d have to run clones to give them a fair playing field and I like growing from seed better just for varieties sake.

I’ll try to figure out the TechnaFlora schedule in actual PPM per element and post it if I can.

2 Likes

Remember there are two scales to measure PPMs and those are TD500 and TD700, just in case…

Cheers Captain, thanks for your time bro.

1 Like

Hey that’s my rant! I want to figure out the actual PPM. You can do it with the percentages listed on the bottle.

2 Likes

Yes but only if you know which scale they are using. Right?

And why not just EC, it’s universal.

1 Like

You can figure out actual PPM of each element with the information on the bottle. The conversion only applies to meters. They measure EC and then convert it to PPM, but the problem is the ingredients all have different potential EC and the different conversions make it confusing to compare one result with another.

EC is an actual measurement. Although you can’t get actual PPM from it. PPM is also a real unit of measurement, but it can’t be calculated very accurately by a meter. When you are using a meter you have an actual EC measurement or a guess for PPM based on one of three equations.

So while neither EC or PPM measured with a meter tell you exactly what is going on. EC is less likely to be misunderstood.

Anyway the short version is you can figure out actual PPM. You just can’t measure it with a meter.

2 Likes

I have used a two part formula of General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom before. Here’s the actual PPM from that based on 6ml per gal of Micro and 9ml per gal of Bloom

N 97
P 60
K 105
Mg 41
S 27
Ca 97

Here’s what I’m using now 20g Megacrop per 4.5 gal H2O
N 117
P 28
K 141
Mg 22 + 26 from Epsom Salt = 48
S 13 + 34 from Epsom Salt = 47
Ca 76

2 Likes

Its kind of compareing apples and oranges. Organic nutrients generally do not alter EC because they are not in an ionic form like the salt based nutrients. Compare GH and TechnaFlora and you are likely go get similar EC.

3 Likes

The males appear to be thriving in their new “no till” environment :smiley:

Yes. That is a stalk of celery in the background.

7 Likes

Those are some pretty males you’ve got there. Lmao

3 Likes

TechnaFlora nutes in PPM:
veg:
N 150
P 30
K 162
Ca 141
Mg 69
S 71

flower: