LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

i looked at the whole testing thing as being a privilege. It means the breeder thinks you can grow weed and make good decisions about your grow. It means there is some level of trust, and in the case of a new tester, it is an advance on trust, the breeder has to give enough rope loose to see if folks can be be trusted, or if they simply hang themselves with said rope.
It also means the seeds given to you for a test grow are not your own, strings are attached. and as well they should be. you are testing someone else’s hard work, time and money spent on a genetic line.
if done correctly, a tester can get to search through genetics looking for fire before most peeps can even buy the seeds. and the breeder gets to see growers from all regions and ability running their gear. gives the breeder a broader range of vision on his stock before pulling the trigger and releasing them to the markets.
Its about respect.
Its being able to say at the end of the grow, that you gave the breeder the best view and the truest information you could give him about his work.

10 Likes

Your system seems fair enough to me! If I had more space I would have loved to participate, and I enjoy watching these threads of peoples’ grows. When people give me seeds it often takes a few years before I get to them…that’s not going to cut it for a testing program

8 Likes

And where does that set your PPM’s/EC/TDS?
What is the source of your water?
Also, what is your medium?

Scanned the thread and see none of that info listed. Sorry if I missed it.

2 Likes

Answers in bold :wink: How did I do?

2 Likes

I was looking for pistillate primordia, stiminate primordia and clusters. Pretty sure sepal is on most regular flowers, but referred to as calyx’s on cannabis plants. I may be wrong on that though.

5 Likes

I give myself 1 1/2 right. The sepal I got confused with stipules: that pointy leaf that usually comes up at the internodes and is often confused with female pre flowers.

A picture is worth 1000 words eh?

14 Likes

EC of nutes between 1.6-2.0
water is well water EC 0.1
Medium is coconut coir with perlite.

I think I’m going to drop the CaliMagic and go with straight MegaCrop at a higher EC.

It should give me: (calculated actual PPM)
N 159
P 38
K 191
Mg 30
Ca 103

3 Likes

cool…I learned a new word

6 Likes

Now try to use it in your day to day conversation!

5 Likes

College flashbacks! Maker it stop!

7 Likes

You mean they’re really not called “pre-flowers”? Stoner science failed me again…

5 Likes

Couch glue recommended!

99%

4 Likes

Week 7 update:
End of week one of 12/12
5 more males showed up this week. The three unhealthy plants were among them.

They’ve all been transplanted into the “no till/compost pile” outdoor bed. I’ll try to give a short update on the survivors soon.

7 Likes

Mine are like this, LGOGxSF had four males so far that started to show during 18/6, but that definitely showed pollen sacks coming, so i only got 8 plants left, two unhealthy ones among them. Hoping the healthy ones turn out to be female.

10 Likes

Didi you get an A? I flunked the course cos’ i forgot to complete the assigment… LOL

3 Likes

ptesting afdaflllllfdsafdsa. how the F do you delete a post? :smile:

2 Likes

Not really, I got about a 50% which is a failing grade. But I did the extra credit to correct my work, so we’ll say I got a C.

3 Likes

Well said. Much Respect. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

GREAT NEWS! ALL THE PLANTS IN THE TENT ARE FEMALE.

Both the AR and the LGOGxSF.

I observed some pistillate primordia on all the LGOGxSF, so i got 8 females out of 14 plants.

DAY 7 FLOWER

I am a very happy camper. Funny how the Alien Rift showed all females under 18/6 but no males. And the opposite happened with the LGOGxSF, all males showed under 18/6 but no females… Genetics huh!?

HppHrvst

7 Likes

looks like you’ll be overgrowing that tent soon!:+1: I hope there is more room

3 Likes