LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 šŸ’

What took you so long?

7 Likes

I canā€™t wait to get my purple bag. It is somewhere on 8 mile now.:gun:

7 Likes

I took a D-Nail Detour.

99%

7 Likes

lol you gotta record that, with some bubblers and other canna-sounds mixed in or something
love the logo design, pretty sure this is the plant i was drooling over in @Kraven garden

7 Likes

Scratching out a dry place to sit and watch this one! What a talented cast of blades!
:cowboy_hat_face:

7 Likes

Lets get this party started shall we?

Iā€™m going to do my best to keep this short and sweet. (Famous last words?)

Hard Data:

Seeds were direct sown on 2/15/2018 at approx 8:30 PM CST. (brave, but I have faith in PJ)
Growing Medium: Virgin Royal Gold Tupur.
Container: 1 Gallon Smart Pots. (The fabric pots made from recycled water bottles)
These will be their final homes, as the roots will air prune themselves It should limit the overall plant size. Training will likely be required to maintain optimum space utilization.
Lighting: Custom SolStrip Array, Dubbed ā€œJellysolā€ running at 300w until Flower. This will be the light for the whole grow. 3500K Color Temp.
Space Temp and RH: 82Ā° F and 42% RH.
Nutes and Amount Used: Media was pre-charged with .9 EC/495 PPM Greenleaf Nutrients MegaCrop. Approx 21oz of the solution was used to soak each pot. Slight runoff in the drip trays, maybe 1/8th inch worth.

Money Shot:

Iā€™m super stoked to be able to take place in this momentous test grow! Let me know if I should add any more data. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Iā€™m stoked for you brother, These are very select genetics my friendā€¦ as one of the original testers of this fine product brought to market by @LED_Seedz, I have had close to 1.5 years of satisfaction from a very frosty / potent / tasty stable strain, that is good meds and great smoke. The ease of cloning and growing is what impressed me the most, it is an aggressive cloner and flat finishes perfectly every time at 56 days. I have grown / smoked and tested my fair share of weed over the years and I can count the stand out strains on both of my handsā€¦this one was added immediately after the first smoke. The initial test grow was phenomenal / easy and it had cloned very quickly both from vegetative state and flowering, the re-veg and the veg clone both came out the same in flower further cementing the stability of this cloneā€¦ so when you see the stars line up like that then you know this cut belongs alongside SFV / Romulan / Blueberry/ Kush and OG and the other legendary cuts imho. Iā€™ll have it forever if possibleā€¦donā€™t want to loose this specific cut.

My Original Test Grow

18 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey Grow

First off let me say wow :astonished: I am honored to be growing this strain Grass Monkey. Thank you PJ from @LED_Seedz. I am looking forward to working with each and every one of the grow team and seeing every ones progress as we begin our adventure together.

Operations Report:

The rockwool cubes are soaking in RO water and the 6 lucky seeds chosen are having a pool party.

Data Analytics:

Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.5

So I thought the Grass Monkey sticker would be scratch and sniff :sob: its not

12 Likes

Time waits for no man, 8 seeds will soak overnight in 35 ml/gal Ful-power. 8 rooter pugs are soaking in 35 ml/gal, 2 tsp/gal kelp and 1/4 tsp/gal 200X aloe powder. 8 gender tests were ordered from Steep Hill.

Once they get their second set of new leaves, the Iā€™ll send off the samples for the gender test. Maleā€™s will be discarded, and the remaining will get transplanted into their final 2-gallon fabric pots. Once they are big enough, clones will be taken, and they will be flowered.

They will be grown in half of my work bench. The dimensions of the cab are n my 30"x30"x30". They will veg under 120-watts of SolStrips. Typically I flower six plants vertically around a 150-watt CMH bulb, but I plan to upgrade the lighting to 27000K SolStrips x 6 @ up to 250-watts (dimmed).

Iā€™m going to mix up a fresh batch of soil:
1 part Canadian Sphangum Peat Moss
1 part humus (equal Malibu Dynamic Compost and worm castings)
1 part airation (equal parts lava rock, rice hulls, and biochar)

Ammendments per cubic foot:
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup neem meal
1/2 cup shrimp meal
1 cup malted barley powder
4 cups mineral mix (equal parts glacial rock dust, basalt dust, oyster shell flour, and gypsum)

Bi-weekly watering schedule:
Day 1: Malted barley, fulvic, yucca, silica
Day 2: Nothing
Day 3: Water
Day 4: Nothing
Day 5: Aloe, coconut, silica
Day 6: Nothin
Day 7: Water
Day 8: Nothing
Day 9: Kelp, neem, TM-7, silica
Day 10: Nothing
Day 11: Water
Day 12: Nothing

11 Likes

Wow!! I am really excited for this testing grow guys. I wish I could test with you as well some day, but I gues its wouldnt be possible in europe. Maybe some day :slight_smile: I wish all the luck and great results. This genetics with solstrips is killing combination!!

I am really looking forward to see different growing medium and the differences between them.
:muscle:

Keep growing! :muscle:

9 Likes

After reading your post I am in awe.
Should I use Happy Frog to start or make something better. I added Canadian Sphangum Peat Moss to the HF in one pot last time and the pot is much better at holding water.

Seeds are showing out for delivery, will see.

4 Likes

Happy frog is very HOT nute wise out the bag. Not to mention every bag comes with free fungus gnats lol.

I used HF for one grow and I didnā€™t feel that it had enough drainage so I added about 30% by volume in pearlite.
Iā€™m not a full time soil grower yet though, there will be others along with better recommendations iā€™m sure :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I start seeds in 70/30 happy frog to perlite.
Seedlings love itā€¦

Quit monkeying around now guys.

7 Likes

But Jake, weā€™re growing the monkeyā€¦ some shenanigans are to be expected haha.

7 Likes

We are under strict orders :monkey_face: :see_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

9 Likes

Got mine soaking nowā€¦ Will post shortly with full details of the start and what Iā€™ll be using!!

Hang tight @G-paS they are coming

5 Likes

Grass Monkey F2 Test: Start Date- Feb. 16 2018

Hello all!! Got my seeds today from @LED_Seedz!! All made the trip in tact and very awesome striping patterns

These six make the leap in the glass today

Again like I said cool striping on the beans!

Germination start
Going out of my element a bit and soaking these instead of my typical paper towel method. All six float so weā€™re all good there!

Now we wait awhile and see how it goes.

"On with the show Toast!!!"-Everybody

Tent
Running a 2ā€™x4ā€™x5ā€™ ā€¦ wowā€¦ kinda lame waste of a bold title!! :wink:

Grow Media
Currently Iā€™m using about a 40/40/20 mix of fox farms happy frog/ocean Forrest/sphagum miss and perlite
Seedlings will be grown in small jiffy peat pots until node 3 or 4 them will be transplanted to their final container which is a 5 gallon fabric pot.

Nutes That Will Be Used
Currently Iā€™ve been using Mega Crop by Greenleaf Nutrients @ 6.5g per 1gallon which brings the ppm to just under 600 and since I recently learned that the chart the have on their site is, according to them, ā€œjust a crude calculationā€ that number is also probably inaccurate but Iā€™ll be working on that.

Lighting Situation
Running a ā€œ1000wā€ LED blurple by HollandStarā€¦ I am fairly new and just wanted to get by with my own smoke and become self sustaining and I was on a budgetā€¦ on top of that, when uncle sam hits me back Iā€™m gonna have @DavesNotHere help me build a couple new SolStrip lightsā€¦ tired of that UV bulb giving my sand eye.

Iā€™ll be back to check in with some pictures post-germination. Thanks for watching, everybody.

Itā€™s about to get real!

12 Likes

Me too!

2/16/2018 F2 Monkey Grow

4 hours later the seeds sunk and are now on unbleached napkins in between two plates sitting on the heating pad.

12 hours later all 6 cracked and 1 tail. Will put in rooter plugs at 24 hours. (Not waiting for long tails as I am afraid of hurting them).

36 hours later 3 tails were getting long so all 6 went into the Rooter plugs only one was just cracked without a tail.
All under the dome.

60 hours and we have a sprout.

10 Likes

Are you a time travelerā€¦lol :joy:

4 Likes

Lol my phone has been messing up numbers lately like my zipcode when I sent my address lolā€¦

Maybe my thumbs are fatā€¦

Insensitive :smiley:

4 Likes