Legends never die

I’ll follow along. Interested to see what comes of it. Good luck on the germ rates!

1 Like

Out of 328 seeds
63 are darker and still have their shiny coat
Roughly 130 are matte brown
About 130 are tan/grey

I went ahead and dropped the matte brown and tan seeds in a super secret solution (rhizotonic and our finest water) to give them a head start.

15 Likes

I’ll be sitting under a mango tree to see how this unfolds. Hope you find some good ones!!

1 Like

grow forth brother…lovely project!!

1 Like

may the skunk be with you.

3 Likes

why do you leave darker ones aside fella…?.could you explain reasoning if so kind…

1 Like

The idea is that dark shiny ones have a better chance to germinate and grow normally, while the paler ones have a high possibility to be quite slow at first if they germinate at all, due to being less mature seeds and having their resources long depleted because of their age.

I’m giving pale ones a head start to maybe level the playing field.

10 Likes

Gonna be a great show Mith. Im in watching with anticipation. Good luck Buddy. Now go get that skunk. :skunk:

1 Like

Definitely will be watching this. May the wind from the skunk spray be on your back!!!

1 Like

Keeping an eye on this one. Good luck!

1 Like

@Mithridate he’ll yes. Fantastic man this is gonna be stinky :clap:

3 Likes

Looks like a GR8 guerrilla grow project, wishing you the best of luck :crossed_fingers:! Keep us all updated as to progress of that grow! :partying_face::facepunch::birthday::+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Slugs etc may ruin the fun :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Slugs, deers, aphids, mites, hairdressers
Lots could go wrong

13 Likes

So cool to see this. Settled in for the show.
You ever use Irish spring for a deer repellent?

2 Likes

Helps but mice will still come around it in my camper.
I have heard human hair works pretty well for a while.
@Mithridate
Are you using osmocote for the food?

3 Likes

Moth balls for the mice. Do a perimeter around the patch.
Small piece of Irish spring on a stick in line with the growing tip. Deer lean down to eat and smell Irish spring.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s a 2 part osmocote. Veg and bloom. I have no idea what’s the npk, it comes in 50lbs unmarked bags :wink:

3 Likes

By the time I plant, deers have plenty to eat around here, they mostly leave pot alone.

Slugs could show their presence, some years are worse than others… usually they are pretty chill and dont wreck havoc so i let them be. I’m thinking i might try companion planting…

4 Likes

Sticky strips on stalk about 1 ft up the stalk will keep slugs off and others too

2 Likes