Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

Cool book dude, not sure if I got that one, I’ll have to check. Edit: I don’t have that one.

4 Likes

This hangs above my recording studio.

16 Likes

Some of my old BOG packs from a long time ago.

10 Likes

My signed digital Bonanza of Green.

My BOG shirt that I wore the shit out of. I’ll probably have another one made for myself sometime soon.

14 Likes

Really cool BOG collection, thanks for posting them. :+1:

4 Likes

As requested @buckaroobonsai
These are all the designs I have made for OG to date.

OG COLORFUL 23 TSHIRT

11 Likes

Way cool man, thanks for posting that here, this thread has become quite a valuable resource for collectors. Much appreciated :pray: @Rhai88

5 Likes

Anyone else keeping an eye on that Great Books of Hashish book 3 reissue by Cherniak in hardcover eBay auction that’s nearing its end? Was hoping it would slip thorough for a bargain but it’s already nearing retail price. Curious to see what the market price will be for it when it sells. Surely a collectors item in my opinion, as even though it’s a reissue it’s the first time this specific title has been offered in a hardcover option to my understanding. Much love

3 Likes

Touching on my recent comment, as I think these books by Laurence Cherniak in hardcover are pretty sweet and great additions to any collection, a few more recently came up on eBay. Not at auction, rather with BIN pricing. The seller has a copy of books 2 and 3 in hardcover. While the pricing for book 3 isn’t necessarily that great, it’s almost in line with retail so not the worst purchase or anything like that, just I think it would be more respectable if possible for someone paying the retail price to order directly from the author so they can receive the maximum benefit for their work.

There is something to recycling and purchasing used, but in this case I believe the used price is more than the author charges himself, so is my perspective and reasoning on such things.

That said, while the hardcover Book 3 is a reissue, I don’t believe the Book 2 of the series is a reissue. I believe it’s a first edition of The Great Books of Cannabis by Laurence Cherniak. As such, at the price it’s being offered for sale at BIN I think it’s a fair price. While it has a unique inscription, if one doesn’t mind such, I think this is a cool piece of cannabis literature that will only get increasingly more difficult to find at fair to bargain prices. Thought I’d pass it along if anyone is looking for this title.

@buckaroobonsai the same seller also has one of the hemp hardcover editions of The Emperor Wears No Clothes by Jack Herer, listed more than three times the price of the Cherniak books!

If I didn’t already have a copy of the The Great Books of Cannabis II (Volume 2) and I had the cash to swing it, I wouldn’t hesitate adding it to the collection. Much love

2 Likes

Yeah those Great Books of hashish are really pricey, are you talking about that red copy of the emperor for 500 ish bucks?

2 Likes

Yeah it was red/magenta/purple looking from a Canadian seller. I want to eventually add one of those hemp hardcover titles to my collection so hoping to find one at a relative bargain to accommodate my modest budget. These aforementioned books are some of the coolest for any cannabis literature collector in my opinion, right up there with Suomi La Valle’s HASHISH.

Speaking of books titled HASHISH, I’ve seen the bootleg German language edition’s of Clarke’s title, and hope one day he releases an official English language version on hardcover. Wonder if he’s on Overgrow? One would think, yeah? Much love

2 Likes

Just got these in from @Heliosphear , thanks very much buddy, logged on LibraryThing.

5 Likes

Caretaking The Wild Sinsemilla
Adam Seed, 1st edition, 1977, signed by the author and his colleague. Fine.

13 Likes

Just picked this up for $20, been watching this one for a while, a total steal…

Marijuana Growing Tips
Ed Rosenthal,
Ronin Publishing, And/Or Press, spiral bound, first edition, first printing, October 1986. Very fine.

12 Likes

I wanted to post this link for a little tutorial about how to differentiate between editions and printings of books. Being well versed in this language is of major importance if you’re going to collect books. Unscrupulous booksellers take advantage of these words and numbers by playing dumb about something that is obviously a 1st edition, 5th printing, vs. something being a true 1st printing. How to Tell If a Book Is a First Edition: A Complete Guide - BookScouter Blog.

3 Likes

Those spiral bound books are more and more desirable to me, something about the schoolhouse charm and charisma of getting it out for the info to get out not to try and make a huge publication out of it. They are so much more usable than soft covers, in my opinion, which end up creasing and showing signs of damage from light to moderate use. Still hoping I come across one of BOG’s originals with the comb binding.

Am I the only one that occasionally goes back to check the recently sold items for categories they’re interested in to see what they missed out on and to help keep a relative assessment of current values? I enjoy doing that occasionally and am finding myself happier and happier for others who are scoring great deals instead of feeling like I missed out. Feeling content is quite refreshing.

For example, I have collected all three hardcover Cannabible books and hope to eventually find a deluxe box cover for them. A few months ago a Deluxe Box edition set with the cover box and all three hardcover exitions sold for less than I paid per book! At first I was bummed but now I see it as others getting to enjoy and the curb my ego.

Have been thinking about digitizing my collection and reprinting some of the more delicate titles that I’m hesitant to read due to their fragility. I’d be glad to share the digitized versions online once compiled if that’s permissable. Surely there may be copyright issues, thought I’m unfamiliar with them. If anyone has any advice or info about that sort of thing I’d be pleased to learn more.

@buckaroobonsai those two recent acquisitions of yours are quite fine! You’ve got a knack for collecting beautiful examples. You’ve got exquisite taste. This is one of my favorite threads on the forum. Reminds me of the old icmag thread by four seasons:

I mention this thread because at some point a newish member posted with criticism of the scans being shown online, with verbage that implied their and their colleagues work was being reproduced without proper permissions and I believe they complained to get four eyes banned. I don’t want to find myself in such controversy so if anyone knows more about scanning and sharing please let me know. Much love

4 Likes

This is helpful! I think you’re right about some sellers purposefully being deceitful about the 1st edition and 1st printing thing. I find that if a seller has multiple photos and a clear understanding of listing, but doesn’t include the publication page and copyright info that chances are they’re trying to be sly.

That’s a very thoughtful and helpful post to share. We stand on the shoulders of giants, knowledge is power. Much love

2 Likes

You’re not alone dude, I’ve been tracking values for many years, have you found Worthpoint yet? @Sbeanonnamellow
https://www.worthpoint.com/

1 Like

They do it ALL the time, that’s something that really bothers me. They prey on ignorance.

2 Likes

I purchased a few first editions under the assumption they were also first printings only to receive later printings of the first edition. Not an enjoyable experience. If this happens to anyone else I suggest raising your concerns to the seller and/or platform which the transaction went through. These are critical details that correspond directly to price and it’s more than just the amount, there is opportunity cost of purchasing something that is not exactly as described. For example, I purchased a book that was not as described and those funds were tied up on an item that isn’t accurate when they could have been used towards collecting an item more accurate to its description. This is definitely a pet peeve of mine, sellers being misleading on purpose. My budget is quite modest so it’s impacting to my ability to collect when these instances occur.

I think sometimes it’s just an oversight and not on purpose, but if capitalizing on a high end price due to these distinctions a proper due diligence should be done. Especially if selling books and such are their products, they should know better if charging premium prices. And like you mention, many already do and are purposely deceitful. I have a big heart and like to give the benefit of the doubt to most, but my experience collecting has shown that often people purposely omit damage and leave the inconvenience of a return as a way to deter refunds. I have no sympathy for these types of sellers but feel genuinely bad for the sellers who accidentally make the mistakes and it causes them the inconvenience. Intent is important to me.

I’d like to learn how to start adding pictures and such to contribute a bit more visually. I’ll read up on adding pictures and hope to contribute more to the spirit of this topic. Much love

2 Likes