Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

What’s up everyone been a little while wanted to ask do y’all collect Parke & Davis or Eli Lily catalogs or anything similar?

2 Likes

Howdy @PhenoParadise, something about those old catalogs are so cool! There’s one work in particular that I read about and became fascinated with finding a copy of but have since pretty much shelved that idea for the meantime. It’s a thesis written by one of the children or grandchildren of one of those pharmaceutical giants. It’s supposedly all about cannabis! My memory wants to say it was one of the Eli Lily children or grandchildren that wrote it as a thesis for their studies at college and there is a copy in existence somewhere I think England or something like that. Have you ever heard of it? Many blessings and much love

1 Like

Howdy @buckaroobonsai, another one of these second printings is up for sale on eBay. The seller has a fair amount of unique publications but I think they’re priced a bit high. That said, a few items that don’t seem to come up often are up and available for purchase including a first printing of the Murphy Stevens book How To grow marijuana indoors Under Lights. I used to want that one really bad but have been focusing on collecting seeds again instead of books and other printed publications. It’s a trip to sort of come full circle in the collecting. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

Here you go folks… Both books mentioned this upcoming technology known as light emitting diodes haha.

4 Likes

I noticed the new listings, when I saw the IMH I kinda freaked out a little, but it’s a second print which I think I have 5 of…:pensive:
Thank you for the heads up!

1 Like

Noticed it sold already at the $180 price point, even if it’s more than I’d want to spend on a copy it’s probably a good deal considering their rarity. One of these days I’m hoping to find one of the first printings for you so I can be all, “hey I found this you want it?” Nonchalantly. I’d been looking for the paperback style version all this time and didn’t even know to be looking for what appears to be a saddleback stapled type of earlier publication. Do you know if the 1st printing looks similar to the second printing or if there are other distinguishable characteristics unique to itself? Many blessings and much love

1 Like

The 1st and 2nd printing are indistinguishable from each other except for the printing information in them, the 2nd printing says…
1st printing December 1983
2nd printing October 1983

I Don’t know if the 1st printing has that kind of info in it as I have never seen one, it may have just Copyright 1983.

1 Like