Lets be careful shall we?

I’ll erase any pics that might reveal my own shipping method. It hadn’t crossed my mind that it could be considered as some level of dry snitching. But if that is a faux pas, I apologize to the community and I’ll switch it up.

8 Likes

I’ll show my face but I won’t post anyone else’s info anywhere. That’s not good practice.

I sent a pic of a receipt in pm to a member. Cutting off all other addresses I shipped to at the same time.

4 Likes

I have made over 60,000 posts on this site. What a post whore!

If you find anything that isn’t right, lemme know please.

5 Likes

I know I have made some of these mistakes myself. In the future I will be more mindful of what/who I may be compromising.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Its always safe to try to be safe, there does appear to be newer growers, maybe this is a thing that needs to be addressed :no_entry_sign: posting private info, if you need to get specific maybe a pm or better a private email would be good.

2 Likes

I apologize before hand but can’t remember anything other than one instance in which i posted a shipping method from @Baudelaire, but i had asked for his permission first. It was a one time method we used but yeah, it’s better not to let anybody know.

If you see any pics of mine of this nature please flag them or let me know, either way they will be erased.

Sci

2 Likes

Please don’t take this thread topic as a scolding of anyone. It was not intended to call anyone out and more so bring awareness to OG.

Lets also leave the thread title alone and leave it where it was. Now we are highlighting shipping methods.

Lets use our heads please.

6 Likes

The thread on priority shipping should be deleted. My .02

3 Likes

Excellent advice @LED_Seedz. Some of us are a little less fortunate.

3 Likes

Can a moderator pull a photo for me from Spill ur beans thread?

2 Likes

Please send a link to the post.

2 Likes

I was able to get mad scientist to get it, thank you!

1 Like

I wholeheartedly agree. Sometimes I wish I could talk about and post pics of some of the methods I’ve seen because they were so ingenious. Safety and security comes first before everything else, though.

2 Likes

When you are getting seeds out to a member or getting seeds from a member, you are more than welcome to suggest and show pics but thru private messages, or even better thru some FREE encrypted email service. My $0.02!

2 Likes

I dont think thats very good advise, maybe alter it to say, you know how you sent it, i know how i got it…no pictures needed…if there is an issue, don’t work it out on a public site, PM is not safer than open posting, only difference is it just doesn’t draw the attention that a picture would.

Just follow the three simple rules that have keeps us all safe, tell no one, show no one and don’t talk about it in a public place…that is the advice new growers need to learn. Be safe and be safe around everyone else…period. Lots of us who have been around have friends we know that did a stretch due to lack of following those three simple rules. I am becoming more aware of how this topic really needs to be highlighted and drive home to the members of this site, I did some looking around and PJ is right, peeps need to get educated so we all remain safe. Cant fault folks for not knowing, so a knowing drive is in order to to make sure everyone is using the same set of safety rules :peace:

5 Likes

I wonder if the impending hemp legalization in the US will help with the seed trade, the seeds have no THC and should be classified with hemp. Will only registered, licensed hemp seed producers will be allowed to mail seeds?

5 Likes

That is an excellent question / line of inquiry…something I had not thought of yet.

2 Likes

I will keep a better eye out for pics. The last thing anyone wants is a heavy hand moderated seed trade.

2 Likes

If you are in a legal state or have a IDGAF attitude, preach, teach, and repeat!

Edit: This was not meant to make light about safety. Just keeping with the OverGrow spirit. Overgrow the world by staying out of prison. :grin:

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Securing your internet connection