Let's see them greenhouses

They come in all shapes and sizes, what’s yours look like? Here’s mine 12’wide x 16’ length, 10’2" to the center peak. 3 independent 110v outlets each on a 20amp breaker for fans/nightime lighting

19 Likes

what is the outer see thru layer constructed of?

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Tuftex-PolyCarb-2-17-ft-x-12-ft-Corrugated-Polycarbonate-Plastic-Roof-Panel/3043807

4 Likes

thank you and other chars to post

Nice,
Poly paneling is really nice, well insulating, but $$$. Mine is wiggle wire/U-channel and pull plastic/shade cloth. I do double plastic (2 layers) in the winter, and 50% shade cloth, but no plastic, during spring, summer, and fall.

On the road, but will try to get some pics this weekend.

3 Likes

Ya that def is what was some of the biggest costs in that project, 2x4’s I got second hand for around 200 I think for all 35 sticks(21 we’re 16’ and 14 was 20’) but each of Those 2 foot x 8 ft tuftex panels was 25 a piece plus 5 bucks for the neoprene seals for em. I think I used close to 35-40 panels. 25lbs of screws, door I drove 4 hours each way to pick up for 75 bucks, and the back osb wall and lower sides I think was 8 sheets for about 30 a piece at the time and electrical i spent about 250 between the subpanel,breakers,lines, conduit, and GFCI outlets. All in all I think I spent about 2000-2500 in materials building it and threw it up in 3 weeks starting construction the day after we legalized

2 Likes