Let's talk about our house plants and why they're a problem 😅

As long as it can, it should root… these little root spike jobbies help lol but even a single leaf should make a new plant… would just take some time

1 Like

Just got another dragons breath pepper starting today… I’m kind of excited for these… mostly scared at the 2.5mil Scoville lol

2 Likes

Also… how bad are we talking? Do you have a pic we could see? No judgment lol

1 Like

It’s definitely hurt as fuck. Came to me a couple years ago as one leaf on a stem in soil with no roots. I replaced the heavy ass dollar store soil with some lighter dollar store soil, but kept it in the same pot it had been in. It would grow one leaf at a time, replacing the one before it that would then brown and drop. I was fine with that, so just let it go. But now the new growth for the next leaf has browned out, and the current leaf is browning out. I know this plant has come back from just roots before, and am tempted to both try to root the leaf, and repot the roots in a smaller pot.
For that matter, I don’t even really know if this is a pothos…

2 Likes

Ha! I love this thread. I’ve got an aloe vera plant I’m trying to grow out that I got like 3 weeks ago from a friend and I’m trying to germinate some peppermint from seed. Peppermint has been stupid slow to pop up but they showed their little heads earlier last week. Already growing first leaves. I love functional/medicinal plants, if you couldn’t tell :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would say fill that pot to the top with moist soil and let it ride… I don’t know what it is but it’s salvagable for sure

1 Like

That has bolstered my confidence in this tremendously, thank you. And I mean that sincerely. :+1:

1 Like

My little gasteria… an aloe plant in most ways except name lol

1 Like

Two things I see that tell me that… one… red circle is new growth, a leaf slippering its way to life…

Blue circle is what could be eventual new growth and roots, that’s why I said more soil… then see how the plant likes it

3 Likes

Yeah, that is what the red circle is, but it has browned out and stopped growing, so it’s got me shook haha.
I hadn’t noticed the growth on the stem before, good eye.
What should I use for soil? I have a bag of roots original, and some 70:30 coco:perlite. Should I mix the two? Buy something better/different?

1 Like

I’d say just any soil for now… could swap out later on an up pot or something but most houseplants aren’t crazy specific except for watering… mine get a bit of MG indoor food like every two months ish…

Just give it a reason to make more roots and plant material

1 Like

Thanks @ReikoX

Lady just had to put the pothos on something now…

2 Likes

On top of the microwave I have a Norfolk pine, a couple succulants, yucca, and aloe.

In the south window are my monstera and philodendrum.

On the table I have an aerogarden with two kinds of basil, dill, parsley, and thyme. I also have another aloe, a croton, and my lion’s mane mushroom.

Another golden pothos.

By the north window I have a snake plant and a Christmas cactus.

Finally my planted aquarium (its in need of a cleaning sorry) and another pothos that I just rooted. Did I mention they are easy to propagate?

3 Likes

Super duper easy lol

Very nice monstera too… trying to get mine to ilunderstand it gets nowhere with floppy leaves lol

2 Likes

It was doing terrible by the north window they the Christmas cactus. I moved it to the north window and it’s much happier now.

2 Likes

Build a vivarium…these all look perfect for a tropical vivarium :grin:!

Nice plants :wink:!!!

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I wanted to… saw a guy that has a little jungle in his back yard… I need that… but also, iowa lol… I’ll have cops here daily wanting to look lol

1 Like

However need to take out a leaning ornamental tree in the back yard and wanted to replace it with an opaque greenhouse for veggies too… I’m that crazy outdoor flower and gardening neighbor yall know lol

2 Likes

Check out this pothos was a four inch plant at one point !

Will Take more pics of several houseplants lol

4 Likes

Good goddamn lol

Pothos goals lol

3 Likes