Levo machines

Has anybody used a Levo machine for infusing oils/butter if so which would you recomend

2 Likes

First I have heard of the Levo. I have a Magical Butter Machine that is at least 8 years old and still cranking out the cannacoco oil. The highest temp setting @220F for 4 hours takes care of decarbing while the machine runs its cycle.

The new machines have increased in price like everything else. I think I paid around $150.

3 Likes

The Levo offers decarb capabilities, right?

I’m a fan of my MBM, but decarb on a cookie sheet in the oven (40 minutes @ 240°)

3 Likes

Yep @BarefootAndBlazed the Levo has a decarb option :+1:

I have a Levo 2 and it’s pretty good. Much simpler than infusing on the stove or crockpot. Honestly I don’t use it enough. I need to make more homemade goodies.

2 Likes

Dried buds decarb during the 4 hour cycle @220 F. No need for the oven.

2 Likes

“The standard cycle time for oil is 1 hour, for butter 2 hours, and for tincture 4 or 8 hours.”

I really only infuse coconut oil anymore. 40 minutes in the oven, then one hour in the MBM is my norm. Wouldn’t exposing the herb to four hours of heat be detrimental? I’m not doubting it works, but am curious if there could be benefits (better extraction?) or would the prolonged time reduce the effectiveness?

Sorry to clutter up a thread about Levo machines with Magical Butter Machine talk. I suppose it is tangentially related… I’ve had my MBM for several years and it is so easy to use!

2 Likes

It’s kind of cool how this chart addresses potency

2 Likes

I purchased a Levo II approximately 1 year ago, I have used it only 6 times, my close lid display would not turn off, after careful inspection I noticed a hair line crack underneath where the drain and heat vent port are, and on top of the lid. I tried all the protocols described through several email with Levo and nothing worked. I kept questioning them about the hair line cracks which, they avoided in all their responces. I started to suspect it is a faulty design caused by a combination of not adequately dispensing the heat and the quality of plastic used in the manufacturing. Levo offered me a 20% discount stating that because I lived outside the US and the 6 month warranty period had ended any claim would not be valid, yet there are no customer awareness statements made about warranties outside the US being valid. I then removed the screws on the back to inspect further and found internal design flaws and damage that was either done at the factory or they sold me a returned item. I sent pictures and videos to Levo and requested they take responsibility and send me a new one. Their response was that because I removed the back of the unit, any potential of warranty claim even though I lived outside of the US would not be granted and further offered me a 20% discount. Removing the back was simple with no labels or special tools or warnings about removing warranties should this be done. This product is a poor design both quality of plastic and quality control at the factory. In my personal inspection the design does not adequately dispense the heat generated from the process, this is componded by Levo looking for reasons to not take responsibility for their poorly designed and represented product. Stay tuned for my video on Youtube, TickTok and Rumble, ALL BUYERS BE AWARE

6 Likes

I have seen videos on youtube describing similar durability.

1 Like

Levo makes sex toys. Maybe they should stick to that.

1 Like

LOL
LELO is what you are referring; not LEVO.

3 Likes

Hahaha you’re right! Ever since that product came out I’ve been thinking “sex toys.” :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Didn’t expect this comment from yesterday :roll_eyes: to apply to another post today :laughing:

1 Like

@olschool I have a levo C and it was a major upgrade from the levo 2. The levo 2 has a really stupid locking lid I broke and then had to rig up before I said f it and just gave it away to a friend. Ever since getting the levo C I can make much bigger and more potent batches. It does suck you can’t fit 2 of the herb holders per batch but still works really well. If it were me I’d save up and get the levo C there is less to break

3 Likes