Anyone familiar with the Levo II butter infusion machine?

Was just looking at them on amazon, and was hoping someone here has an opionion on it?

2 Likes

My friend bought the levo 1, a year and half ago. He used it twice, and he let me borrow it recently. I made about 4 batches, that I had to strain, and I finally ordered the bigger pod, plus a replacement stirrer, for the on I threw away :joy:

Once I got the replacement parts, on the third batch the stirrer quit working. I tried many times, and I can’t get it to work. All I can say, is hope the 2 is a quality upgrade.

It was pretty handy once I got the bigger pod. I ended up firing up my crokpot to finish making what I needed to. I’ve got a bunch of trim I’m getting ready to crokpot as well.

3 Likes

I was looking at it also. I am thinking about going with the magic butter machine because it has less things to break on it and holds more material. I saw a few reviews saying if you buy the levo to get it directly from them and not amazon as it is easier to get customer service when you need it.

4 Likes

The medical group I’m part of highly recommends both the MBM and the Levo, and trust me, that’s a good endorsement.

4 Likes

I have a Levo 2 in the box, which I was planning to use before the end of the week. I will take some pictures. I am planning to use a quarter of Tropicanna Poison to make some fruity pebble cereal bars :slight_smile:

I wish there were pods that held more than a quarter. I might have to throw a bunch of hash in there at some point xD

3 Likes

Does it already come with the double? Makes sense. Sounds like this is the same as the power pod, which comes with the 2. The 1 came with a much smaller pod.

I actually went to order this thing, and can’t find it on Amazon now. Go figure…lol

1 Like

That’s correct. I head read posts about upgrading to the power pod, which is the default pod in the 2. @MysteryMoog That’s weird that they are no longer on Amazon. I found mine a little cheaper ordering from Levo directly.

2 Likes
1 Like

I now own the Magic Butter Machine- fucking worth it. I didn’t like the price but it was purchased by someone else; I would’ve missed out on a fantastically easy to use device.

One down side- the motor. Every time it spins it’s like a damn blender. I was about ready to put a box over it, but you get use to it after a few hours. Will be making up a 1oz batch here, see how it handles it.

3 Likes

Congrats!

I used my MBM for the second time recently. 30g into 1lb of butter. I got three full sticks out of it - seems like I left too much behind. It was a bit of a mess trying to squeeze through the filter bag at the end. I don’t recall having those issues during my first attempt but that was with coconut oil.

4 Likes

Last time I used my Levo2, the butter separated, and I ended up with 3 clarified sticks, and 1 stick with all the milk solids. I suppose it’s not the biggest problem, but I would prefer consistency. Anyone know if there is a way to stop this from happening, or if there is something I should do at the end to make it more consistent?

(Edit, not sure if it will make any difference, but I plan to use lecithin for the first time, this go round)

(Edit 2 - ive been trying to search online, but cant figure out a good search term for this issue)

(Edit 3 - I hope its not something simple like stirring it. I considered this, but since its been being stirred constantly while in the levo, I assumed this couldn’t be the answer)

2 Likes

Did you clarify the butter first?

1 Like

no, it wasn’t my intention to do so. If I should, I will look up how. I just never did when I made it in a frying pan, so didn’t realize I would have to.

2 Likes

I don’t know that you have to, I’ve only ever done it that way, but it should help.

2 Likes

In case anyone else was thinking about this, looks like you can use multiple herb pods inside the levo 2. Each one holds about 7g. I was debating using less butter, but figured that may effect how well the magnetic spinner can do its job, with less liquid.

2 Likes