Levo II + fresh bud?

Non smoker non vaping medical patient here!

I’m well into my first grow and am planning for post harvest.

I am planning to make oil tincture and bought a Levo II which decarbs and infuses oil.

The machine has a “dry” function but I’ve been unsuccessful finding anyone who can confirm that yes, you can snip bud from a live plant and pop it into this contraption and dry —> decarb —> infuse.

Nor can I find anyone saying you can’t… on the demo videos and YouTube the bud is pulled from a mason jar.

Then again not many folks grow vs buy dried bud — so I figured I’d come here.

First time grower asking the stupid questions!

Can anyone advise? :pray:

2 Likes

I wonder if the dry function is ment to be without oil, not to dry the bud. :thinking:

2 Likes

I don’t see why one would have to dry bud to infuse it

could be wrong and obviously water and oil don’t mix but I find it hard to believe that could actually cause issues at such a low temp

I’m talking out of my ass here I see reiko is responding he’ll know what to do

Idk why I’m still typing this haha

2 Likes

I once dried bud with a hair dryer in a can of pringles. Didn’t work very well.

1 Like

Ok thanks guys. I’m glad I’m not just thick in the head.

Here is what Levo II says

“Replaces the dry mode when using flower; Drying at the same time as it increases potency”

So apparently “dry” mode is for anything but flower whereas this “activate” (decarb) mode, well, does what it claims above.

I just don’t trust it!!!

1 Like

6 Likes

You beat me to it, I just looked at the manual too. :+1:

3 Likes

Dry the bud first then decarb then infuse.

The water weight of that bud if you tried to do it fresh would mess up any infusion I would think.

You have to activate the with heat, so I don’t know how that would occur properly while the bud is wet. Idk.

I just use an instapot and do the whole process in there :peace_symbol:

1 Like

This is just ONE part that is confusing me.

I’m hammering their customer service with emails!!

1 Like

yeah just a drying function by the looks of it for say wet herbs or whatever

2 Likes

Seems like it’s talking about herbs and then activate is for our cannabis

Edit* like a dehydrator sort of

1 Like

I would suggest you dry your harvest slowly over about 7-10 days like you would if you were going to smoke it. Unless you are just going to throw it into capsules, it will taste better in a tincture and in edibles.

3 Likes

Thanks for the collective head scratch.

It’s actually therapeutic.

2 Likes

My default is to follow whatever the standard protocol is here which is mason jar and humidity packet, uh, thingy, and humidity monitor and burping…

I am curious however if I can shortcut with freshly harvested bud.

Probably not.

These machines all though seem very cool for cool hipster kids. 329.00 jezuz my sauce pan and oven work just fine and my gummies after making thousands of them are on point. You want better brownies use Ghirardelli brownie mix infuse your decarbed extract in Avocado oil 30 mins at 200* easy peezy :metal:

3 Likes

@ReikoX what if I did want to make capsules?

Would that “allow” for a fuller spectrum of cannabinoids and flavonoids? Or are we taking chlorophyll?

I think I want tincture tho because otherwise I won’t train my taste buds to taste bud.

:grimacing:

@ColeLennon I so hear you. I would prefer more DIY but with kids and pets and laundry and a tiny windowless NYC apartment where If you open the oven you block the dishwasher… I was like can I just do push button easy for now?

In 6 years :pray: I’ll be an empty nester :pray::pray::pray: different landscape.

3 Likes

If you want to make capsules you won’t taste the chlorophyll. You could dry your harvest at 115°F for 3 hours like the manual above suggests.

3 Likes

yep it is that easy.

1 Like

That’s why I use Instant pot with Mason jars, it decarbs and infuses.

My volatile terpenes don’t get released into the air like a standard decarb, they just stay in the Mason jars and then once they cool down I open them and add my oil then back into the Insta.

Capsules are cool, if you arent a lightweight though its easier to get larger doses by infusing or hashing the bud first, if you want this route or just a crazy long thread thats my go to for alcohol tinctures you should check out Grasscity. BrassNWoods Hash Caps and Psychedelic Sam’s work on there is AAA. Stickied threads under Edibles

5 Likes