LIGHT-POISONING METHOD more

Hello. I was interested in something I found in the FAQ. LIGHT-POISONING METHOD Unfortunately I did not find anything more. Does anyone have experience with this?

3 Likes

That light stress one sux. Say the plant you are doing that to is hermie already. You’ll think, balls and now fem seeds and end up with a pile of seeds that will be 50% hermie.

That Gibberellic Acid is pretty toxic and most breeders are using STS to get female pollen. Lot of others using colloidal silver too.

Years back we’d leave a female flower past it’s prime and they often throw 'nanners then so that was collected and used to make fem seeds on other plants. Any 'nanners/balls early in flowering are a hermie trait and shouldn’t be used tho the light-poisoning thing might be OK I am skeptical.

:peace:

12 Likes

Thank you for exhausting answer. You provided me with very interesting information.
So if I used colloidal silver, would the seeds be feminized right away, or would I have to do several generations to get 100% feminized seeds?

2 Likes

I’m not 100% having never done it but this is my understanding- the silver causes pollen sacks to form but the pollen is considered female pollen. So when you use this female pollen to pollinate another female (or the same plant if you only treated a branch or two) you create feminized seeds because female + female = female.

4 Likes

I was watching a lecture by the guy that owns brothers Grimm. Apparently the light poisoning is how they stress test for hermie genetics, they toss them and use the cs/sts on the stable plants.

4 Likes

So the light stress could be used. If I have the time and resources, I would like to try it. Make seeds and then plant them and find out how many of them will be hermia and then grant the next generation. I was very interested in the procedure.

1 Like

Like @EugeneDebs420 said the light poisoning weeds out the plants prone to hermie then they use the good ones to make the pollen with using the sprays.

Nobody wants hermies dropping pollen in a room full of girls meant for bud.

I’ll be trying STS on a few plants over the next months to make some fem seeds. I’ve been pollen chucking using boys and girls for 20 years so it’s time to up my game.

:peace:

2 Likes

Ive gotten seeds just from light leak and it does produce mature seeds never popped any of them yet. This has got me intrested

3 Likes

if it werent for herms there would be no GG4 and others

2 Likes

So light poisoning was a tek thats been abandoned AFAIK. I remember reading about it in the early 2000’s. The problem was that it works on genetically herm females, and produced a high proportion of hermie feminized seeds. Thats why femmed seeds have such a bad rap, when they first were making them they sucked. Its why I still don’t trust them 100%; because of unscrupulous people who just wanted to make money from selling shit seeds, then blamed hermies on the grower.

Now if you want to put multiple generations in, and repeatedly search for hermies to try and clean up your line, then by all means use this technique. When the light poisoning tek doesn’t work, you finally made a solid female. If you want to take a truly solid female without any intersex traits and make seeds, your going to need STS.

4 Likes

Your information is priceless. I tell myself that hermias are undesirable, but more common than we think. Once I grow up and have enough space and time, I think of it as my project. I have some seeds of unknown origin. Then I’ll try them. If anyone knows what those seeds are, I’ll be glad to get the info.

Ps: I don’t know what STS is. I don’t know English abbreviations

2 Likes

Silver ThioSulfate

Can you show the rest of the outside of the pack?

https://www.hempbasics.com/hhusb/hh4bot.htm#HH45

Long story short, some females are slightly hermie prone and some are 100% not. If you use light poisoning it will bring out those hermie traits, making it so that your creating offspring that have a high likelihood of not only carrying that gene in the same amount, but doubling it up. Making further generations more prone to hermaphrodism, unless you light poison and pull 100% of plants that show any male flowers. What your left with after doing that for 3 or 4 generations should be clean, solid female genetics.

If you try to light poison and it doesn’t work, you have a female thats at the very bottom of the chart. Any male flowers and your above that with some intersex genes.

4 Likes

We do need a spot for Abbreviations on here. One for none strains and another for strains.
I speak English as a first language and still get lost.
:green_heart: :seedling:

6 Likes

Silver Thiosulphate (STS)