Lighting for 5ftx9ft Grow Tent

I believe it was around an 8 week veg, plants were 2 maui waui and 2 shiva skunk.

5 Likes

Brutal yeld, packed tent, very nice to see that.

2 Likes

Yeah, that run turned out pretty well. I didn’t bother to weight it so not sure what the yield was but it was good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ran 3 315CMH in a 9x5. I used the Greenbeams reflectors with a vertical orientation. I was getting over 1.5 gpw. I no longer run that set-up but was extremely impressed with the yield results.

1 Like

I was told by a trusted friend that the vertical cmh fixtures test up to 300 ppfd higher than conventional ones. Pretty neat

That pic right there is what I’m striving for, but with only four plants…thats just awesome growing. Did you use hydro for that Doug?

1 Like

I have two Luxx 860w XR led lights that I bought a couple of months before they sold the company and the new owners stopped selling them for quality issues.
“Hawthorne has identified a quality issue with the Luxx 860 models that may impact performance longevity.”

Now I am in a conundrum.

If this doesn’t hit 6lbs …

3 Likes

are you using something better than 315w CMH?

goal is 6-8lbs

I just use cheap amazon lights 3 x 200w and 2 x 100w with samsung diodes. I start with 400 and then transition to 800 halfway through. Last grow I had 4 autos that yielded over 1 lb each and several others than came in around 10 oz. each. Most of the cannabis specific lights are jacked up price wise and the spectrum needed to grow is super easy to achieve cheaply. In fact, companies like Spider just brand the same stuff that you can get as an off brand for much cheaper. I would just do 5 or 6 of the 200w lights and be done with it if it were me. Bestva, Viparspectra, and Kuarez are options I’ve been very happy with, especially for the price. Brands like Mars and Spider really aren’t much different other than price.

Looking at these lamps specifically, they seem pretty solid.

With two in a 5x9 I think you have really good core coverage. Bit light on the edges based on their ppfd map. Do you have a ppf sensor to confirm where you need to add light?

If you are looking to even things out on the edges perhaps consider adding in more leds ? An affordable solution maybe the Mars sp3000 they are designed for a 2x4 coverage and could add light specifically where you need it. Add two on either end of your tent and bring the lux fixtures closer together.

Tossing what you have already and switching to cmh is an option for sure, just an expensive one.

LOL, just stumbled on this again, sorry for the late response @Jango . They are in a 70/30% coco/perlite mix in 5 gallon fabric pots.

1 Like