Lights for seedlings

For supplementary light to keep your plants in veg after 10 to 12 hours of direct sunlight there are alot of options. To me it depends on how many and the space you need.

T5s will work great for a larger space, but are expensive in the fact you need a ballast.

If you plan on growing them outside and are just looking to supplement for a few weeks in the early spring I would suggest the cfls mentioned above, there is no ballast cost and you can simply find regular fixtures, desk lamps for example to screw them into.

If you are looking at making a full time space for vegging, a lower end LED might be the ticket. I love my Mars TS1000. They are around $200 CAD.

Asking about lighting is always tricky, everyone has their own way. There is no wrong way as long as the output is sufficient for your needs. There are expensive and low cost options both in terms of operating costs and upfront capital costs.

1 Like

Here are mine.

3 Likes

Hello guys, I saw that you have some experience in this, I am building a hybrid system, I will complement the natural light to keep vegetables, clone and flower …

As for Flowering, the days are below 12 hours, do you think I will need to supplement? Does variety matter?

I have always planted billboards, I am migrating to safety and to hunt and maintain phenomena …

Welcome to OG @GlutenFreeTrees

Thanks / obrigado

Yes, T’5s are no joke…you can flower with them…

4 Likes

That is what I use a t5, for seedlings into week two then under the hid they go for veg, and move yet again into a more intense hid room.

1 Like

@BDgrows
I have a shop with a bunch of t12s already installed
I’m thinking of moving them into a room that I have yet to build.
Would you stay with her florescent or put LED bulbs in them? I tried one set of LED bulbs in one and it burned out in a month

2 Likes

I personally like fluorescent’s.

1 Like

Will the t5 bulbs fit in these old shop light fixtures?

Nope different ballast

3 Likes