Limonene-dominant cannabis for anxiety

Recent study shows impressive impact of the terpene limonene on thc-related anxiety.

Anyone tested bud recently with high limonene terps? Growing super citrusy, lime-y lemon-y bud? Post up!

8 Likes

I’ve been intrigued by lime stuff for a while as it has wonderful effects on me and I have pretty bad anxiety. Don’t have a ton in the stash but plan to look through the few I do in the near future

8 Likes

I have a clone I am growing call Limefuelade that is very much lime and skunk, beautiful scent. Hoping I get some good seeds from it. I will not know for another month though.

4 Likes

I’m going to smoke some of the Sowah Pebbles Cut and see if I notice anything anxiety wise. Been dealing with it a lot lately.

1 Like

I’ve had anxiety issues most of my life. I’ve heard for years how cannabis high in limonene is supposed to help anxiety, but that hasn’t been my experience at all.

Guess it just goes to show how everyone’s body chemistry is different, huh?

I think part of my issue is that, in my head I think I often associate lemon with sativa strains like super silver haze (which gives me terrible anxiety), even though I know plenty of indica strains can smell like lemons too. So, some of it might be mental for me.

I also am just not a big fan of lemon tasting strains, or anything that is pure generic fruit (like skunk 1).

3 Likes

As a major fan of high limonene strains, it surprises me that it would aid people with anxiety. For me it tends to have a high “monkey mind” effect, which could put some people into a paranoid frenzy.

Regardless, sour diesel strains seem to have a lot, but the lemon scent is hidden by the fuel scent. I think the scent of diesel is actually a combination of limonene and another terp.

Irie has several offerings high in limonene, including Lemon Jeffrey (fem) and Lemon Sunrise (reg). Both are pretty potent. The scent of LJ is like snorting powdered lemonade mix. Lemon Sunrise is also extremely lemony, but it also has some funkiness in the background. They’re very similar, buzz-wise.

Essential oil science is fake Fauci grade bullshit liar fuck you go to hell you piece of shit fraud science. Aroma therapy is total placebo nonsense. Proven a million times over that GW Pharma spread this doterra terpene nonsense in the weed community.

Weed has actual real medicines in it, and none of it is doterra oil. Limonene is fucking gross. The scent of diesel fuel is toxic alkanes. The scent of Sour Diesel weed is medicinal carboxylic acids and alcohols. Limonene is an alkene that is completely irrelevant to aroma flavor or effect unless we are being honest and calling our negatives in which cases limonene is literally a breeding/growing flaw in Cannabis.

20th century smokers: Wow this Sour Diesel tastes like every bag of candy I’ve eaten combined. And took away all my prescription meds

21st century NPC posers: I’m tired of candy themed weed, I need some classic diesel. Maybe I’ll pick some up after my numerous endless perpetual doctors appointments. Hope it smells like tennis balls instead of Sour Diesel… "

1 Like

Sheesh man you take waking up on the wrong side of the bed to a new level haha

3 Likes

If you never noticed a correlation between scents and effects, you might not have a sense of smell.

1 Like