What Are Your Go-To Strains For Anxiety?

What are some of your favorite, go-to strains to battle anxiety? whether its low THC-CBD strains or straight CBD strains, or anything really!

Personally I struggle with social anxiety and agoraphobia, at times causing me to have high blood pressure. I take medication for this but i’ve found certain strains really help mellow me out even more and stop the chaos. One of the reasons I started growing was because I knew I would be able to grow strains that are beneficial to me, are higher quality and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg due to taxes. Now that I’m setup and growing, I want to hear from others what strains have helped them!

13 Likes

Just about anything from Afghanistan.

11 Likes

Chemdog family.
I like to take my Cbd topically
Good luck🤗

7 Likes

So far I’ve found items in the Kush family to really help; catch is that depending on what’s in the mix will dictate if or if not it will work for me during the daytime hours (aka: not get to “stoned”).

I’m looking into growing some sativa’s in order to aim for the cerebral buzz they often provide.

Currently i’ve also found to aid with my anxiety: Gelato 33, Kosher Kush, White Widow x Critical Orange* (*this one smokes like a sativa with no burn out; not sure if it’s the WW or the CO in the mix but they are guidelines in this case).

10 Likes

I have had some success with Purple Kush, but I usually use that strain at night because of how heavy it is. Most of the time it knocks me out. Really want to try Hindu Kush since its part of PK’s lineage and heard it works well for anxiety as well…

Ill check out the Gelato 33 & Kosher, I was actually just looking at a pack of Kosher Kush but settled on Red Strawberry Banana. Wanted to try some autos.

5 Likes

Best strain I’ve ever found for anxiety was Pupil Magoo bred by Mass Medical Strains. I don’t like the dude, but he does have some good gear. First time I tried it I had just come in the door from a long stressful day at work, first hit off of that pipe and I felt my shoulders drop. I didn’t even realize how tense I’d been before that. They aren’t being made anymore but you can find em around if you look hard enough. If I can get my ex-wife to part with the pack she stole from me I’ll f2 em for sure and then I’d be happy to share. Big if there though🙄

9 Likes

I have PTSD, anxiety and depression. Sativa hybrids with a happy-relaxing high seem to do the trick. The delayed high from indicas will have me over indulging leading to lower blood pressure and a high that im not prepared for, that usually leads to junk food and my bed. Afghani seems to the best solution as far as indicas for me.

6 Likes

I go for terpenes; myrcene or alpha-pinene.

6 Likes

eat more bay! :+1:

3 Likes

Hops too, most of em are pretty high in myrcene and humulene

3 Likes

My holy grail for anxiety relief is the 1969 Kashmiri (Sirnoo village) from the Landrace Preservation Society. It was selected by the folks in Sirnoo specifically for meditation and yoga as well as GI relief and menstrual pains. To me, it provides a comfortable and reflective headspace as well as relief from physiological anxiety symptoms.

11 Likes

Mangoes too, while we’re at it.

4 Likes

Good call they’re super high in myrcene if I remember correctly

3 Likes

That sounds very interesting, I’ll check it out.

2 Likes

Hell yeah let me know what you think if you end up trying it! :hugs::seedling: it’s been a blessing for me this winter, my mental health is in a really funky spot and I’ve been finding the Sirnoo kashmiri great for guiding me through and processing/ contextualizing the heavy shit. The only thing I’d say is that it’s definitely more of a later in the day smoke for me. While it’s not a physically heavy smoke, with certain phenos I find myself getting blissfully carried off to slumber a little earlier than intended :joy: but it also carries the reflective and anxiety relieving headspace (as well as a nice amount of minor cannabanoids like cbg) to anything it touches when it comes to outcrosses, so if you find a male I’d def recommend throwing some pollen on any females you want to carry that effect across to.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Any heavy indica bubble hash. That’s what I like to grow indica always, unless it’s a slight hybrid …my go to for anxiety is hash. A hefty amount. Bubble hash to be specific,… I love my flower, but my go to I always hash. My anxiety disorder, well its severe enough that I don’t really go out much in public. If I do I need to be numb to the world,… edibles are great but the tolerance builds to the point where your taking 500mg thc to get medicated… I’ve been just churning out hash and I keep my proto pipe packed full. :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Hell yeah, smoking on some hash now someone gave me for Christmas and I really enjoy it… This is my second time trying it. , I had a few ounces of trim/shake I made into green dragon but I’m not that big a fan of it to be honest wish I made some hash instead. Gonna read up on making bubble hash

1 Like

I’ve heard from folks that the old school purples were very good for anti anxiety effects. Currently waiting on some GDP seed and some other to see for myself. I’m after the relaxing anti anxiety effects myself, I’ve had good luck with some 1:1 varieties as well. @thecurtainwith I looked up that Kashmiri in the LPS site and it sounds super intriguing, might have to try that one too, I got some other Kashmiri seeds here on OG figuring they’d have very relaxing effects as well

2 Likes

yea man thanks for the help! Its definitely going on my list of strains to try. The way you make it sound seems like I would love it. Who knows maybe ill do a grow log on here one day with it :joy:

2 Likes

Somas lavender is the perfect go to for anxiety. I love it… I need to make a mother… when time comes I will search some soma beans!. I use wacky bags for my bubble hash…

2 Likes