List of reliable tester persons

51 posts were merged into an existing topic: Issues With proliferating F2 Projects of any particular breeder

i think generally itā€™s a shitty move to release someone elses work they still have on offer ā€¦ if its been unavailable for years and everyone wants it, thats just supply and demand ā€¦ crosses seem to be the wild west

6 Likes

I have tested for @Swampthing and would be willing to test for anyone else. I would like to think that I follow the rules. Actually I became a member here as a rule of my testing. Lol thanks bruhha for getting me here.

2 Likes

Itā€™s a valid topic but it think the trade feedback threads has the same use. As positive and negative things can be left about each dealing.

Maybe testers could be added in the same fashion? @LemonadeJoe so people can see if people are worth send the test projects too.
Like tester feed back thingy

3 Likes

Great idea, but again the breeders may be resistant to share info about good testers.

2 Likes

that was the whole point of the feedback thread to begin with.

not just for traded but for overall general ratinrating of a person and their etiquette on the forum for everyone to see

2 Likes

I got the first PM from you 10 days ago about it. Had it been months you would have had them as I had a place that sold them then. If you have a resource that would like to vend for me I am all ears but I do not sell seeds direct to the public.

1 Like

Maybe some kind of anonymity? So public can only see the ratings but the dealings between each tester and breeder be visable to only them ?

Adhd flair up ideas flowing.

Bong a j time.

2 Likes

the more detail we try to put into that thread would make it impossible to createā€¦ itā€™s already hidden from view from all non regular members and there not alot of things we can really change with the program we run.

2 Likes

Mate Iā€™m lit your right that was that whole point of the feedback threads.

Peace

Bonged

3 Likes

My list of reliable testers is also lesser than the list of people that were unreliableā€¦ I donā€™t hold that against any of them as I myself have in the past year have had many life events take place that came unexpectedly and unfortunately put even the testing of my own crosses at a halt, not to mention tests I had intended for other breeders.
There are many great people out there and Iā€™ve always been one for second and third chances. For most people, this is a hobby that comes second to real life day-to-day responsibilities. That said, when people ask to test your genetics, hold them, and use them at a later date to trade or sellā€¦ thatā€™s a whole other story.
Sorry I havenā€™t been around as much yā€™all. I do try to stop in and check on the fun people are having with the pollen chucks I made in the spring. Itā€™s been really rewarding to see the results and bounty that comes from the hard work of testers that took the time to grow my crosses. The fact that people got some medicine from a seed that started as pollen collected in a vial has been a truly rewarding experience. I canā€™t wait to get back into my garden as soon as the opportunity arisesā€¦ until then, most my shit just sits collecting dust in storage.

Much love OG.

17 Likes

This, i believe, is where, as a russian expression goes, ā€œthe dog dug a holeā€.

I know for a fact that I, with 3 tents and a decent amount of spare time, am currently not able to run a batch and report on it. I may really want to, but I canā€™t. Some people may have the best intentions, but life will get in the way.

Just keeping up with my wifeā€™s medical license, her consumption, and perhaps an odd experiment that can really die and I wonā€™t feel bad about, takes up all of my spare time. I donā€™t have many other hobbies except for maybe wrenching on my car when something squeaks, and we only have one kid, and day jobs.

Being responsible for a part of someoneā€™s potential livelihood is not something i would feel good about, but i think some people let excitement run the show.

I face THE SAME problem with testers of controls equipment the company I work for manufactures. We send samples out, and never hear from the user again. Sometimes through no fault of their own.

Yeah, the struggle is real

6 Likes

Iā€™m not to worried about how other sites handles seed traders or testers. We are a discussion based forum. How someone distributes seeds is between them and yall.

The last thing anyone wants is heavily moderated seed trades.

15 Likes

I think the best part about OG is that with regulars, all of it should work itself out.

All it takes is a group DM where reputable breeders can aggregate their experiences. When a tester or new user completes a few phases, maybe he gets an invite to the group.

6 Likes

So I have a few ideas. Just what you need huh? Lol

I think that maybe we could have a mod that breeders can go to with concerns with testers from the site. I think it should be all pm to give the tester a chance to defend any wrong doings. Also let the mod know about good testers that could help others.

Breeders, you might want to get together to make a list of things that a tester should have accomplished to be considered. Either a general list so people like me could work towords eventually becoming a tester. Or/and have you own set of rules. Each test run might need itā€™s own rules also. Maybe for new testers you give them proven seeds as a test grow to see how they do. then give them test seeds. I personally think they should be blind tests, maybe go with a scientific approach with numbered names and f2,f3 exc ,instead of breed names.

3 Likes

So in my opinionā€¦ Reputable testers are going to out themselves by keeping good grow journals on OG, so anyone looking for reputable testersā€¦ Your best bet is to take a look at the grow journals and decide for yourself whose personality, growing style etc would fit your ideal tester profileā€¦ Then contact them directly.

13 Likes

I guess this is a good time to update my tester resume. :record_button:

In just the last couple years, Iā€™ve completed the following testers, including full growlogs on public forums, emailed updates throughout, and final harvest pics, strain evaluations and smoke reports via email:

bodhi seeds

Sakura (Bubba Kush [Katsu cut] x Wookie 15)
Herer Hashplant (Jack Herer x 88g13hp)
Lemon Diesel x Old Mother Ghani (unreleased)
Kush 4 (Nevilā€™s cut) x Old Mother Ghani (unreleased)

Ocean Grown Seeds

B-witched F2 - later renamed Dionysus (F2 of [Witches Weed x Wizardā€™s Potion])
Skunkbeard F2 (F2 of [Animal Cookies x Alien Rift #6])
Jaguar Shark (Animal Cookies x Man O War)
Shepardā€™s Pie (Key Lime Pie x Man O War)

TGA Genetics

Queen Anneā€™s Revenge (Blood Wreck x Space Queen [The Dude aka Space Dude])
Tazmanian Skunk (Island Sweet Skunk x Vortex)

Square 1 Genetics

Frozen Mandarin (Sherbet S1 x Peanut Butter Breath)

Due to recent housing logistics, which I communicated to all of the breeders listed below, I have the following tester backlog:

bodhi seeds

Motherā€™s Milk #31 (Big OG) x 88g13hp
Triangle Kush x Iraqi

Strayfox Gardens

Dragonslayer x Blue Cali-Yo
Doc Holiday (doc d cut) x Starfighter F1

Ocean Grown Seeds (unrequested but sent anyway)

Vader Pie (Jawa Pie #3 x Vader OG)
Highwan (Witches Brew [Highlander pheno] x Obiwan OG)
Astrochimp F2 (F2 of [GG4 x Alien Rift #6])

Greenpoint Seeds (pseudo-testers, as they were listed for sale before I received them)

Cowboy Cookies (GMO x Star Dawg)
Pebble Pusher (Fruity Pebbles OG x Star Dawg)
Sundae Stallion (Sundae Driver x Star Dawg)

Shoreline Genetics

Shoreline OG bx
Pakistani Chitral Kush x Bubba
Pakistani Chitral Kush x Sour Grapes

TGA Genetics (unrequested but sent anyway)

Sweet Tea (Cali O x Alcatraz OG x Space Dude noted above)

P.S. While not testers per se, I also posted the first full public growlogs of the following strains:

bodhi seeds

Cobra Lips (Chem 3 x Appalachian)
Barefoot Doctor (Harlequin x Sunshine Daydream)

Bad Dawg Genetics

GG4 x Longbottom Leaf

21 Likes

If you specifically ask another party to contract to leave review in your feedback topic and that person denies it, what does it tell you about the person?

4 Likes

It would tell me that the breeder worked hard to find good, reliable testers and wants to keep them to him/her self. Just like @LED_Seedz stated in a post above. It isnā€™t up to me (or anyone else) to judge him or question his motives regarding this. Maybe we donā€™t all understand that decision, but I donā€™t think it is inherently ā€œmaliciousā€.

This is a different type of relationship that happens between breeders and testers. It isnā€™t the same as traders exchanging seeds and providing feedback for each other. Not the way I see it, anyway. But I could be wrong.

4 Likes

I was wondering what factor competition between breeders would play in this. That is way worse than I realized. I listened to Bodhi talk on the Pot Casts and he isnā€™t the type of guy who would act in that way (At least, that is how he presented himself. I donā€™t know him). I think his selfless nature is a big reason why he became successful, ignoring the fact that he is a great breeder.

2 Likes