Longest week ever

I feel your anger an am sorry.

Please take a deep breath and chill. I’ve been in similar circumstances and the anger never directs you to logical choices.

Think before you act.

Hope the lady is feeling better! :sparkling_heart:

8 Likes

You have a lawyer as your paid voice.

Use them only.

6 Likes

They’re not in Canada. They’re in the USA. Whole different world when it comes to medical stuff.

@toastyjakes If I were in your shoes, I’d be calling your local department of labor and getting them involved. That’d really piss off your boss. Then when he fires you, you can claim retribution. It’d make it a lot easier for you to get unemployment then too, which he’d have to pay for. Win/win for you.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Illegitimi non carborundum.
I sincerely hope your situation improves soon, and that of your lady.

3 Likes

How did the surgery go? Your mate seems to be strong, I’m sure she’ll recover fast. You can look it the other way: she has more holidays were she’ll be at ease at home without you around. Even disabled that’s still something lol. A puppy is also very good to keep the mental up. I agree with @PineTarBastard , get in touch with unions and things like that. All the best!

2 Likes

My heart goes out to you and the fam Toasty.
Keep your head up and keep pushin. You got this!
And if it makes you feel better…just keep telling yourself that it could be worse, and for someone out there…it is.
Much love!
:peace_symbol::heart::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Surgery went fine, reattached her bicep, took out the bursitis and some bone spurs… she isnt doing too bad… pain is pretty manageable for her now but the first couple days were bad…

Shes in the immobilization sling until at least next monday when she gets her stitches out and they look at her shoulder were they opened her up nd see how it healing and we’ll go from there.

5 Likes

Cool it went well and pain is calming down. That does not sound like a lot of immobilization for what she had, but if they think it’s enough, well, I’m no doctor :slight_smile: At least she won’t loose to much muscles.

Did you tell her about the auction?

3 Likes

@toastyjakes Sounds like some bullshit man, I’ll definitely be keeping your family in my thoughts. I think one of the big mistakes we made in the last century in the US was attaching healthcare to employment. I’m wishing her a speedy recovery and hoping you can get this mess all sorted!

8 Likes

i am glad your woman is on the mend and feeling better.

i know this is a hard pill to swallow, and pray for the good times that are in the days to come.
i have found thru similar hard times in my life. that even though this seems like the worst time ever, in your life it will pass.
once i have gotten thru that difficult time/s in life and i am back on my feet and am able to process things.
i have come to the understanding there is always gonna be good times and bad. additionally when the bad times are not self inflected [things beyond ones control] after i get thru them i look back and find i am in a better place in life and a better person as a result of those bad times.
i cannot help but realize when i look back that those troubles were actually a blessing in disguise.though i could not see it or realize it then it takes time. therefore i have learned that during those times it is very important to make the proper / tough choices to help minimize any self inflicted problems that add to those problems. like @JOHN1234 said do not let anger be your motivator.
we are never given more than we can chew. you got this brother! no one has yesterday, no one has tomorrow. all we have is the moment. one choice, one thing, one day at a time. make your best possible choices even when there seem like there is no choice and you will be over this before you know it.
further more feel free to bend my ear anytime if the need to have someone to talk to arises. feel free to pm me. i am proud to be part of this great OG family, and will help when ever i can.

4 Likes

I did, she was blown away at all of the people who were kind enough to help out and all the things theyve donated for it and frankly i am too…

Ive been here a good while now, about 7 years… ive gotten a little cynical and douchey sometimes so i didnt figure the community would really care too much, but as always, the OGers restore my faith in humanity and make me get the feels lol

21 Likes

We love you brother, it’s just a fact. :v:

8 Likes

Well, being a mod can be hard, you get to see a lot of the bad sides. Now enjoy the good ones, people remember that without good mods, any place turns into a mess.

7 Likes

Shit like this is some of the hardest stuff a person can go through.
I truly feel for you man. :heart_eyes:

I went through something similar and I had no income for 5 years.
I had a decent support system and made it out the other side doing OK.
I am confident you will too.

With workman’s comp you have to have the never give up attitude, they are hoping you will give up.
They are real bastards, I never dealt with them but I know a few people that went through hell.
You can count on them spying on you too.
So make sure she can not be seen doing anything at all.

Best wishes to you…
And to your wife…

10 Likes

it sucks so often life makes it so you gotta fight hardest when your most vulnerable, I guess that’s why community became a necessity. Hope you give um hell

5 Likes

I think someone needs to have an unfortunate fall into the feeding pigs - tell her to be grateful you are level headed - I’d be in jail & useless :muscle:

So there’s that.

Hoping for your betterment

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes