Longest week ever

Starting this off, we went on vacation last week… spent a few days in georgia… got the hell out of iowa… it was nice…

Get back and have to head back to work… we farm hogs… we make the little pigs that get sent somewhere else to get big for a few months and then sent to make all the awesome pork products we like so much… mmmmm bacon…

A little over a year ago, the lady hurt her shoulder at work… bosses messed around too long and she couldnt get a workers comp claim foled because of the time it took the boss to report it… so she was screwed… a few weeks later, it was worse and the boss got things filed and claim started…

Smash cut to yesterday…

Took our vacation, cant use time because this farm offers no sick or personal time and we had to use our last bit of vacation time when we caught covid at the end of december/beginning of January… so end up with 33 hours on our checks… we knew it was gonna be a short money pay period… yesterday boss comes in and says we wont be receiving checks.

I figured i wouldnt as my house payment/taxes and child support come out of mune automatically and didnt figure alot would be left.

Boss says we werent there for 60 hours so we didnt qualify as full time employees and therefore he wasnt going to pay his part of the insurance premium and it now fell to us and since we owed him that he took it from her check…

Keep in mind, workers comp hasnt helped since october when they decided to try to drop the case without her being medically released so we got a lawyer and things have been progressing, leading up to me sitting and typing this in the surgery waiting room because since getting the lawyer and them basically forcing workers comp to start over we’ve found out her ligament is torn from the shoulder joint, she has rotator cuff tears and then they want to move her bicep down to relieve pressure on her shoulder… she’ll be out of work for a few months and in immobilization sling and doing physical therapy after that… no word on when workers comps help will start or if theyll wait til its over and go for the whole litigation back and forth and what not…

I make less than she does hourly and even less with the other bits coming out and im not sure how things are going to get paid and freaking out just a little…

Figure id rant a little bit and it might make me feel better… dont have many others to talk to that arent yall so welcome to my problems lol but thanks for listening

43 Likes

Damn @toastyjakes , I am extremely saddened to read about your treatment by your employer, your wife’s torn ligament, and the workers comp fiasco. I hope it all works out for you, your employers treatment and reduction of your pay because your using your vacation time put you under his minimum number of desired working hours doesn’t sound right at all.

10 Likes

It really isnt, but being in the agricultural business, they can make their own sets of rules and dont have to abide by some of the ones that help other people…

Money grabs for them…

8 Likes

Some shit!

I’m sorry you are going through all this, I hope you enjoyed Georgia, it has some beautiful places.

Your boss is telling you who he is, believe him. I hope a great opportunity comes your way and your better half recovers quickly. I’ll be thinking about you guys.

6 Likes

Not related to you but the second you get hurt go to the hospital. Don’t wait. Just go.

5 Likes

Thank ya… been down before and especially with this place… just this time he decided to kick us as well…

He knew whats going on and has made a point to be an asshole since we got the lawyer…

Hes mad cuz his insurance went up, hes not even the one getting sued, just the insurance company but he makes it our problem

4 Likes

Lawyer the shit out of that guy.

10 Likes

So sorry to hear of your troubles @toastyjakes.

Hope your wife recovers ASAP!

Best of luck with workers comp. Hopefully the lawyer knows their stuff.

6 Likes

Now if only all us Foreigner’s went on strike we’d have a real movement.

6 Likes

That sucks homie
Im sending good vibes your way
:green_heart:

3 Likes

Yea…so now im trying to figure out how im gonna get back and forth to work for the next 2.5 weeks before i get paid since i wont be getting anything this week…

Then have to figure out what is supposed to get paid this week and hope it can be pushed back for a bit

3 Likes

You don’t do credit cards?

1 Like

If they werent maxed making up for bills when workers comp decided to stop paying yea…

10 cards and drowning in minimum payments already…

1 Like

Yeah I hear that.

A wise old lady told me to get all the credit I could when I didn’t need it because they wouldn’t give it to me when I did need it.

5 Likes

One thing I was able to do in a similar mess years ago was to transfer all the credit card balances to a credit card / consolidation / personal loan. I did it through my credit union. It lowered the total minimum payment and the interest.
Wishing you the best through this sh**. Glad you got a lawyer, sorry you needed one!!

7 Likes

Feeling for you. Sending love, man. Trouble doesn’t last always

4 Likes

Geez, what a terrible ordeal! Hope things get worked out and your wife gets the treatment she needs to get on the mend. Positive vibes brother.

5 Likes

That boss is such an ass! Wish you the best. I’m sure you’ll make it, hunt around for some help and troubles will go away. Hope you mate will recover fast and well enough. They must be so pissed off!

2 Likes

May ALL that is Good in Life take the most direct Path to your Door. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

And now we’re on the way home… shes groggy and headachey but thatll pass when the anesthesia and the nerve block wear off more…

Seeing her like that put a fire in me and i almost called my boss and had a few good words for him to take to the owner and split then shove up their fuckin ass

Tomorrow isnt gonna be a good day for them… her sister is staying tonight til i get home but i still have the next week and a half of working all day while shes at home with no help and that burns my ass knowing the bullshit theyll tell me when i say that to them…

Dominant arm is in immobilization for at least 2 weeks and shes not gonna be able to handle the hyper puppy that thinks shes a cat on her own with one busted arm…

I hate these people…

8 Likes