Looking for Sweet Tooth #3

Unfortunately I lost my mother of Sweet Tooth #3 and during last year haven’t been able to get any backup from friends. They had their own troubles and couldn’t keep them. Bad timing… :frowning:

I’d like to ask if anybody knows about or has access to good old Sweet Tooth #3 from Spice of Life (Breeder Steve).
Preferably in form of seeds .
Thanks a lot!

4 Likes

I’m in too for this…
swt3 has been my fav strain for years…
DS

1 Like

Just found this old Spice of Life catalogue :lollipop:

##Sweettooth #3

fourth generation, 3rd Backcross to Sweet Pink Grapefruit mother

This Sweet Tooth is the result of one backcross line wherein the goal in searching the father was an emphasis on the taxonomy and aroma of the original SPG mother. The Grapefruit is a true favourite among growers and consumers. It is possibly the most cultivated strain among commercial producers in Vancouver. The preceding BX2 seed that the father was selected from produced quite homogenous grapefruit-like plants, this generation should be suitable for crossing. The plant is high yielding for a Sweet Tooth yet retains the exceptional candied sweetness this strain is famous for. A beautiful plant with a beautiful taste and a positive vibration. A smiling high is guaranteed from these heady flowers. The plants are quite hardy and easy to grow, and prefer a drier finishing time, as the buds become fat enough for mold to be of concern. These chunky monkeys often require staking but in a windy location they should be stout enough to hold their own (significant) weight. Does well as a small bush but will become a large bush given adequate growth parameters. Whether this is an exceptional commercial strain or head stash is for you to decide. I truly hope you enjoy these plants as much as I do.
Indoors Flowering: 8 weeks
Harvest: outdoors mid-Oct
Indoors Yield: way above average (easily 500gms per meter)
Outdoors Yield: above average. ~
10 seeds

Mmmmm :wink:

1 Like

That made me laugh, I don’t know why :laughing: Anyway, good luck in your hunt – if I stumble across this in my perpetual seed windowshopping, I’ll make sure you give you a shout-out.

1 Like

They have sweet tooth at MSNL, go thru the link here, and contribute to OG at the same time.

And sorry about the mother-plant! That sucks.

3 Likes

there aren’t SOL swt3 seeds around since 2004… I think I had the last packs available…
I heard of a clone of steve’s mom kept in Switzerland by someone that still floats around and that should be the same one Alpine seeds is using for their swt3
the problem in Alpine line is the male used…as its not Steve’s original but a chemdog , making it a different plant.
I still hope to get hold of that clone someday… I’m hunting… :wink:
DS

1 Like

Thanks guys for help,… It will be a journey :slight_smile:

At one point many years ago I had original breeder packs of C99 and ST#3. I had a favorite C99 clone going for years, I did a back-cross project with ST#3 to get seeds of it. I used ST#3 pollen on the C99 and then repeated that process with the male offspring.

I gave away all those seeds and lost my C99 clone 10+ years ago, but last year after this state legalized a friend de-cloaked and admitted he’d been growing a clone of the C99 X (ST#3 X C99) for years, he calls it “JP” from living in the Jamaica Plain neighborhood of Boston. I can get this clone if I want, he also gave me seeds of it crossed with TGA’s Chernobyl. Can’t wait to grow them.

So many projects to do, so little time…legalization means all your friends give you great seeds and clones! I’ll bet ST#3 ended up in other big strains as well.

5 Likes

@Knospe could help here…
If I remember correctly he too got to get his hands on Steve’s clones…
I’m I right Knospe?
DS

1 Like

I still have some swt3 seeds from the time when steve was doing business in ticino. The original sweetpink grapefruit was around for some time here in switzerland. The flowery field guys in vienna have SPG and LUI from SOL.

4 Likes

Fleur du Mal should have a selected backcross of pre-Swiss SOL Sweet Tooth #3 available towards the end of the year. Check back here or at the FDM thread in Breeders Lab for updates.

-b420

5 Likes

Count me already in for a cpl packs B.
:slight_smile:
DS

Woohoo, seeds and more seeds!!!

Thanks a lot for your message. PM’d you.

That is good news for all Steve’s fans! Thanks…

btw. “pre-Swiss” … I know Steve was in Switzerland circa since 2001. Or SWT#3 is older than that?

1 Like

I’ll try to have some news from Steve on this…
DS

1 Like

So, my bad, upon review of my library logs looks like I have the third accession released in 2001, which would likely have been from Steve’s first Sweet Tooth generation in Ticino. Which, following his nomenclature, would make it #4. I have notes that it was considered IBL at this point, so should deliver some very uniform progeny.

SOL introduced Sweet Tooth in 1995. Still looking for my notes on this but I seem to remember Steve selling SWT#3 through Vancouver seedbanks - Emery, New Amsterdam, etc. in '97-99 but having trouble keeping stock in the stores and then basically taking a break while relocating to Ticino. The first couple of strains he concentrated on, Cream Sodica and Purpurea Tensinesus, were later pulled for quality issues, and delayed the release of a new SWT vintage until May 2001.

Looks like @LemonadeJoe, @Dee.S73 and @Knospe may have a better handle on SOL’s Swiss period. I just remember it was finished by 2004, and SOL pretty much disappeared afterward.

Anyone really jonesing for the “original” SWT might give Chimera’s Grapefruit x Blueberry cross a shot. It’s essentially the same Sweet Pink Grapefruit clone from BC X DJ Short’s original Blueberry. Breeders Retail is the outlet, more info on the retailer’s page at ICMag.com.

-b420

6 Likes

But you’re still goin to do #4?

1 Like

Yes, absolutely.

-b420

1 Like

So IBL means it is essentially very stable correct. Like it’s a strain of its own, but number four in this case?

Breeder-speak for inbred line. Simply means several generations of matings of individuals from the same parent stock. Primarily done to fix desirable traits and stabilize phenotypic expression across individuals to produce more uniformity. So SWT #4 should have a higher proportion of individuals that reflect the model phenotype that Steve was aiming for. Not a different strain, but a more uniform version of SWT.

-b420

6 Likes