Let's talk Sensi Star šŸŒæ ā­

It seems like every Sensi Star cross Iā€™ve smoked has been stellar. May be coincidence. :thinking:

Whatā€™s your take on SensiStar OGers?

:evergreen_tree:

19 Likes

paid some outrageous price like 180 bucks for a pack in the 90ā€™s I believe. Grown under a now ancient 1000 watter that hummedā€¦remember those, lolā€¦Remember them being very stout, pyramid shaped colored amazingly and was superb Bud .

15 Likes

"Old ass Sensi Star " my god :sob:

The Sensi Star is pretty potent, strong weed, but its best quality imho is its versatility and its genetic capital. This chemotype have this particularity to seduce a lot of profiles of stoners, included a few than are not specifically liking ā€œstone hammersā€ (like me). The twos weeds are very different but on the ā€œspectrumā€ the SS play both on nerves and muscular like the Bubba Kush, but stronger and without ceiling for a daily hazeā€™s smoker. The trichomeā€™s coverage is not specially impressive, the potency is. With a specific signature like the Black Domina (in less narcotic and ā€œseriousā€).

On grow side itā€™s a breeze, i put her in the category of 90ā€™s ā€œweed machinesā€ : Sweet Tooth #3, AK47, Super Skunk, White Rhino ā€¦ she have a place on the podium for me. Instead the others references i just name and then are providing superb plants with bankable photos, the sensi star look like shit lol It look like a little bush of buds, leafy side, than nothing can stop. Kind of ā€œweed soldierā€, hard to share the image i have as it. Nothing really special to expect, she clone well, sheā€™s quickly ready to flower, she eat anything, you can sog-scrog-tree-whatever her ā€¦

On versions, the problematic is very annoying and thatā€™s the sad story of Paradise Seeds. I was a fan of the whole catalog when this seedbank have popped in the market. At this specific period, we just finished the White Widow and the Blueberry wave (like the actual ā€œdawg waveā€ in all strains) and i was very happy to find this exotic catalog with funky weeds, a bit off the ā€œover usedā€ standart : the caramellla is just delicious, the nebula is an ufo in the ā€œtrichomeā€™s championā€ category (for the quality of the smoke), the durga mata with its strange scents ā€¦ and off course the pillar Sensi Star.

But Luc screwed it all very fast, after the very first months of the transition to the catalog to fems ā€¦ the regular was allready fucked and have stopped to give valuable motherplants. Genetically valuable i mean. Itā€™s why all pre-fem versions are hard to get, when they have been rightly maintained. But even in the case of a badly drived reproduction, the line (SS) value the ride and decades later after its birth, you still regret to donā€™t have it in the seed stock.

The hybrids are generally pretty decent, i agree on that, but always below the initial potency for what iā€™ve tested (from releases). The trick with this beast is to understand the segregations of the males than doesnā€™t look like wide but which is pretty critical to outcross it without loss. You have barely four groups of males, one of these groups is a blend of twos main groups, a ā€œmendelian hybridā€. Itā€™s the one to use, which smell mostly minty like a ā€œdark Jack Herer phenoā€. You canā€™t fail your hybrids with them, in term of potency at least. For growers not specially used to select plants, i will push them to use the females with smart choice of maleā€™s partners : a white widow based male or an AK47 based male (most easy and secure F1 to do i think). Kush / Aghani hybrids with this baby are generally a bit disapointing, the chemotype lost its soul and itā€™s strenght when the plants are too fast. You end with a leafy aghani shape with a messy smoke (unstable in curves, high/down, ā€œloud stoneā€).

Sheā€™s a classic to known for sure, but she offer also a ā€œdual blade axeā€ : sheā€™s easy to drive in using always the same male phenotype (the holly minty), but can be very challenging in term of segregation if you want to improve it. F1 and F2 produce the best males for hybrids, but to work in depth on it you have to wait the F3/F4 to see the maleā€™s segregations becoming enough clear to offer strategic choices.

Iā€™m the guy than was thinking than these kind of strains will stay around forever, due to their inherent qualities. They have to be hunted today due to the degeneration of the production. The list is freaking long now.

23 Likes

You can get it if you want to revisit the days of old.:smiley:

5 Likes

Just the photo tell me than i will stay away from the offer ^^ The price also.
This is all but not a sensi star bud.

Iā€™ve a little stock of Sensi Star i got on seed heaven (for 5 times cheaper), after investigation iā€™m pretty confident on the seeds but not germinated yet. Planned for the next season of selections (2020), i will report it if the release is decent for sure.

11 Likes

Ok. Iā€™m not anywhere as informed as you. I was just saying itā€™s an option. Iā€™m sorry if I mislead anyone. Blessings

6 Likes

I bought some Sensi Star from the BC Cannabis Store a few months back and really enjoyed it. To my surprise I found a single seed in it. Will probably try to grow it and see what happens - maybe cross it with something.

4 Likes

Pantagruelian Seed Co. makes a Sensistar F3 which from what Iā€™ve heard is a very good representation. He knows his stuff. Finding it is another story.
howā€™s this look ?

17 Likes

https://seedheaven.net/product/sensi-star/

Go get em. Just restocked.
Theyā€™re legit. I have a pack.

-GH

10 Likes

Wow. Iā€™m glad itā€™s not just me. :sweat_smile:

:thumbsup: @Fuel Great info-- thanks! I had something a year ago called Tiger Paw from a dispensary & it was outstanding so I inquired about the parents; they said Sensi Star x White Widow. :grin: (presuming thatā€™s accurate)

Fookin amazing! Easy hash with leaves like that. :smile:

@cogitech :wink: Maybe weave that one into your Moroccan(or was it Mazar?..).

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

Lebanese. :slight_smile: (20 characters)

2 Likes

I really like SensiStar. Iā€™ve tried it from a few different growers and itā€™s always top notch.

It actually has a reputation as low potency where Iā€™m at but I find quite the opposite.

3 Likes

Hey all Iā€™ve ran 3 beans out of a ten pack of black widow x sensi star, I got a green male and female and one purple female ! Heard itā€™s a recessive in the black widow(color),I did do an incross with a bazillion seeds if anyone would like some,Iā€™d be happy to see them grown out ! Have both females labelled for a better chance of finding some purple,love some color in the grow room, found them somewhat low odor,and super fresh and clean high,I didnā€™t finish very much, serious trichome production,was a hemp depot purchase so I put them aside for that reason only,I personally think that they are dope ! And once time and space permit Iā€™d be right back at them! I still have 6 of the original seeds,I do believe that they are still available at hemp depot for under 50 bucks !
Peace and love all!
Overgrow!

4 Likes

Yeah sorry guys ,sure be nice to see some more Sensi Star pics ! The one time I tried it by itself,I thought it was so nicely cured, and smooth , would love to grow some of the original stuff !
Peace and love !
Overgrow !

2 Likes

AK Bean Brain has dropped a Sensi Star F4 recently. Picked up a pack for the coolerā€¦

13 Likes

I grew out a bulk Sensi Star from Oaseeds in Spainā€¦Like $4 each for fems and it was stellar. I have had mostly great luck with their bulk fems, but occasionally there are a few bad ones.

4 Likes

Iā€™m eyeballing those myself if you pop any let me know would love to see

1 Like

Anybody tried Derg Corra Sensi Star?

4 Likes

Ghosted ! I was hoping to see something about these too

1 Like

6 Likes