Looks like a N Overdose But.......?

So here are two OG’s and they started this leaf curl, looks like the dragon claw thing caused by a N overdose. The thing is they haven’t had any nutes yet, only a small dose of Cal-mag which is 3-0-0.

The soil is 60% Happy Frogs, 20% Coco and 20% Perlite. It is only on the OG’s, not the other two strains.
Weird? Could it be heat stress or overwatering? My first time using Coco, don’t have watering down yet. I thought Coco held more water.? I found out after the fact…:anguished:

7 Likes

How high are your lights from canopy top?

4 Likes

If it was heat stress the cup effect would be upwards (to retain humidity) not downwards, anyway I think the humidity is too low for that stage, try to spray them and raise it … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

How bumpy are them leafs

2 Likes

wind, intense light AAAAAND N too high for that cut.

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

If all plants are treated the same then
soil too hot or freed to strong for that particular strain

I can’t tell by the pic but if it were too much N the plants would be darker then normal

Give them a flush , lower the amount of fertilizer , and add cal mag , freed lite every time you water 1/2 the suggested rate ( your soil mix is similar to what I do I use pro mix instead of coco this mix has no built in fertilizer ) see how the do then increase the amount of fertilizer gradually
If you have a ppm meter in the veg keep ppm around 600
Just my 2 cents
Paps

6 Likes

Ummm, not really bumpy just feel very thin. I really doubt it’s a N overdose with just 60% Happy Frogs and Cal-Mag 3-0-0 ( one feeding). They haven’t had any other nutes yet when this pic was taken.

If I had to guess it’s the enviroment that’s stressing them out. The RH is usually a bit higher at 50ish and temps don’t get over 85F.
Backed the lights off, closest is at 22"…
As soon as they rent steam cleaners again, the new setup is going up! That should solve many issues. Thx!!!:facepunch:

2 Likes

The curl in those leaves isn’t from nitrogen, it’s from over watering.

Also, keep in mind that FFHF is a semi-hot medium and plants planted in it don’t need to be fertilized for the first month.

10 Likes

Ffof fucked me once…only ss#4 for me

4 Likes

That’s what I’m seeing as well, overwatered witchfingers. Happy frog is usually pretty alright but known to have it’s hot spots that are bag dependent …

The ocean forest is good too, but only for established plants and even then, I’d still have to cut the soil down with something about 50-75% to not burn them…

4 Likes

Not dark enough green IMO for N tox. I’d say wind burn or over watering with possible root problems … are you happy with the aeration in the mix?

Looks like it could have more aeration to me notice how only the tops are effected and not the lower leaves?

4 Likes

So the plants have stayed about the same, just watered and feed last night…Which would have been over four days between watering. I’m going very light with the nutes at less than 1/2 of the rec dose…Using FF Trio, rather go organic but I just need a baseline with something easy and solid.

I suppose it could be something to do with N but I doubt it, imo. I’m pretty sure I intinally overwatered them. First time with Coco, so ya know live and learn.
FYI, I transplanted over a dozen plants into 100% HappyFrogs and suffered no negative issues. It’s at 60% HappyFrogs this time with no feeding except for a small dose of Cal-Mag (3-0-0).
As soon as someone will rent me a carpet cleaner I can move the tent in and get setup proper. But thx anyways! :pray:t3:

1 Like

That’s cool you noticed that! Noticed it yesterday but didn’t know what to think about it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Overwatering bud

2 Likes

I concur… overwatering and transpiration from heat. Don’t add nutes. Soil is still enough. Maybe move the light a tad higher.

2 Likes

No Nutes? They are in their 5th week and flowering, they are Autos for what it’s worth. As soon as they start renting carpet cleaners again, I’ll be done with this wardrobe!
I was used to watering soil, so the first time I watered them (after planting) I noticed how moist it was. …But it was to late.
Luckily only those two got hit. :wink:

1 Like

I thought they were recent transplants. Didn’t realize they been in there for 5 weeks. You’re good to feed.

1 Like

Yeah they are tiny little grrrls, but that’s all I can run ATM. A couple weren’t worth messing with while a few others turned out pretty good in quantity and quality.
I’m able to run growing lights 20/4 now and ditched the CFL’s. Man what a pain in the arse it is to try and rest or sleep in that room, lmao.

Ready to run photos, much better Genetics to boot. And I hope the harvest will triple per plant.

2 Likes

BUGS!!! Don’t know WTF to do! They are six weeks old (Autos), after looking them over a few hrs ago I saw a bunch of very small bugs on the soil.
They are so small not sure if a pic will work…I did see on bigger one, it wasn’t white, a darker brown color.
They may be able to fly, not sure but I have noticed many more nats this time around.
Unsure about the flying part, it could have been dust from the dry perlite floating around.?.

So yeah I’m screwed, wasted 5 seeds and a bunch of other stuff.

Do I keep them?

Or

Chuck em?
:confounded:

If you have gnats, you have gnat larvae. Although white-ish when very young, they turn a darker color as they feed on decomposed matter in your soil, then turning into pupa, which is their final stage before hatching into a gnat. Is it possible you’re looking at the fungus gnat lifecycle unfolding on your soil?

3 Likes