Lost Civilizations: Before the known

They also died out, lived far before modern humans, and weren’t bipedal. If you read about them, they are thought to be more like orangutans and not part of human evolution.

Still feel 100% comfy saying there were never giant humans.

5 Likes

i wasn’t there of course and can’t argue that, but i also know that we took one in afghanistan. so i can confidently say 100% there still are giants.

1 Like

Or herding them over cliffs.

have you seen the huge animal runs they found in the desert(can’t recall which one)? 5-8km of small rock walls not hardly visible from the ground that ran them into areas where hunters were waiting. i’ll try to find a link

Human heads are big and womens hips arent. As a species, we have the highest mortality rate for mothers in childbirth in this day and age, much less 100k years ago.

Women have been dying in child birth forever. Thats a pretty huge suppressant.

1 Like

How do you know this?

While it’s fun to postulate over the origins of certain stories, myths and legends throughout human history/prehistory.

If anyone is interested in really learning how and why these stories started, what they mean, how they spread and how they changed over time, I’d highly recommend watching a lot of this guys videos.

Crecganford.

He breaks down meanings behind motifs in stories, and explains their importance in the evolution of human culture and society. With plenty of (academic) research and references provided.

I’ll admit, when I first started learning about the origins of myths and legends, and funding out that they’re just stories evolving and being retold over many many years, it sort of killed the mystique and fun a bit. But then I quickly realised that the cool fantasy elements weren’t really what was so important. The act of storytelling is what truly captivated me.

The idea that a story, imagined in someone’s head tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of years ago, still exists to this day. While it may have evolved and characters, places etc changed, it is still being told all throughout the world.

:v:

2 Likes

Also, while on the topic of “Giants”.
In Norse mythology, Giants were never described as being large. No mention of their size.
So the idea that Giants were huge creatures is not actually correct…

The Greek mythology also never claimed that Titans or gods were large creatures. All of this was added much later on to make the story’s more fantastic to tell.

1 Like

To add to this, Hamlets Mill is a book about how oral tradition and allegory becomes history. Its a tough read, mainly due to the direct translation, but the concepts within are pretty profound.

1 Like

Ah that’s interesting! I might try and struggle my way through that sometime :smile:

well, i posted a link to the video on youtube that describes the event, and i can confirm there was only one special forces unit operating in theater at the time - mine, and we had a kia named dan , an 18c who was an explosives expert killed during a “training mission”. his teammates refuse to talk about it (probably under orders) and it was confirmed that he would not have made that stupid mistake that he was credited for. now of course that doesn’t “prove” anything, but from what i have seen and heard while in that unit i can confirm it tacitly that it happened as the witness said in the video. there are also several more rumors of “the giants of kandahar” from other witnesses.

That’s one possible explanation. My point, however, was simply that there are lots of gaps in our history. I really don’t feel like arguing with you over how possible any of this stuff is - there are a myriad of explanations, and we have no proof of most of them. We have scraps of bone, carbon dating and genetic analysis - and lots and lots of questions. People are going to make up stories to fill in the blanks, and most of them are going to be wrong because we have no evidence. You aren’t going to disprove it, either, because there’s no evidence. It’s more useful spending your day yelling at clouds than trying to conclusively disprove fiction.

2 Likes

i was just thinking the same thing, came here to clarify my “evidence” above is about as good as it gets, except for the guys on the team, the helicopter retrieving the giant, and the few in the camp that saw it by accident. they cut comms as soon as the chopper landed which is sop when a kia comes in, but they had everything locked down when they came in which was decidedly unusual. it’s secondhand and pieced together from what i’ve heard and talked to with folks from the fob, but i don’t need to prove it to me, i know it’s real. i’ve seen some shit that would blow your mind, shit that had my priest gasping in a few places. that kind of shit doesn’t get written down though, that had the seal of confession. enjoy the day, mine’s gonna be long but i get $700 today.

You’re substituting rational explanations with fantastical ones. You can say I’m wrong because I don’t know, which is fine, but to say that there is some greater power limiting our ability to populate when we have a very good understanding of what limited our ancestors, and our theories are equally possible is disingenuous.

If you have evidence for your claims, I’m totally open to it. That’s why I’m such a huge fan of people like Graham Hancock. Even more so because he drops bad theory as soon as it’s conclusively disproven.

There’s a line between “knowledge” and “belief” that is very well defined. To confused belief for knowledge is a prime example of hubris.

3 Likes

With the advent of user created content and biased sources,tangible knowledge of new events or discoveries is becoming increasingly hard to nail down.Every time an older site is found,it’s referred to as the original.

1 Like

Which is why its all the more important to scrutinize both the established historic dogma and the radical discoveries.

Just because the modern historic dogma is afraid of change doesn’t mean the most fringe of theories hold water. The evidence will speak for itself, and while it’s annoying how long it’s taken, the history books are slowly being rewritten because of the constant pursuit of our history.

3 Likes

Seriously, you’re still trying to argue over an off-the-cuff example I made to illustrate how stupid this argument is? Read.

No, I’m pointing out the hole in your logic. I am mainly saying not all theories are equally valid.

1 Like

Thanks, Occam. This argument is still stupid, and you still have no proof of anything more than I do regarding the “claims” that I WAS NOT MAKING. Oh, and there aren’t even any theories about our ancient history as a species because we can’t perform experiments on ancient history. You win. I don’t know what you win, but you win. Now go away.

You dont have any reason to be upset. Im not mad at you, I just disagree. Also, theories go beyond the scientific method. There’s theory in everything that cannot be proven, and that’s a beautiful thing.