Low dose butter help needed

Oh lord. Please ignore me right now. I was doing stoned math, and I thought I was so sharp… but I was not.

1 Like

Thanks for making me look twice Bob.

An ounce is gonna be like 5600 mg or 1400 mg per stick
1/2 ounce 2800mg/lb 700 per stick
1/4 ounce 1400mg/lb 350 per stick
1/8 ounce 700mg/lb 175 per stick
1 gram 200mg/lb 50 per stick

So sorry about the confusion.

3 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate and understand what you’re explaining. I think this only works if I can severely dilute what I currently have or will grow. Getting a strain specific just for butter, it’s not feasible. No seeds other than Romulan are allowed to come, so I have limitations to work around. Maybe I’ll just do 1.5 g’s for a stick and see what happens.

2 Likes

Perfect! Probably 1 gram a stick won’t be a problem. It’s seems like such insignificant amount, but probably don’t realize how oil soluble a single gram actually is to get 50 mg dose.

3 Likes

Good deal, and to be clear, each of those numbers is if you use that amount to make a pound of butter!
So 1 gram in a pound of butter, would make each stick be 50 mg. Cool?
You might go a little more than those numbers to account for unextracted or lost THC in the process

3 Likes

So reduce it even further for a 1/2 lb of butter. I think it’s best to make a small batch for before larger to know it’s going be to just enough of a dose, then commit to a larger supply knowing the grams used per stick.

2 Likes

Mate im doing confused math too :rofl: i like working it out.

@OriginalDankmaster96 have you checked online for some 100% cbd weed its generally pretty cheap to buy an oz

2 Likes

Oh, you mean to make butter from the CBD hemp ? That is an idea if the regular THC stuff is too much to handle. It can be ordered online cheaply

2 Likes

Yeah but personally id mix the two together. Cbd actually counteracts the effects of thc from my understanding.

If you settle on 1g of thc per stick of butter maybe do 1g of cbd n 1g of thc?

1 Like

Sounds like a plan; those smaller numbers get hard to weigh out accurately, and to predict.
I’d probably try .75 gram in a half pound of butter.
12 brownies with that would be about 6 mg each or 24 would be 3 each. That’s with a perfect extraction, which you probably won’t get, so it’ll be more like 4 mg each in 12 brownies, and 1-2 mg per brownie with 24.

2 Likes

Ah! Definitely a good way to balance out THC though and to fine tune the ratio to the butter. I think I’ll be doing that IF the minimal dose trial is successful.

2 Likes

:joy: this thread should be named “canna butter conversion tables for dummies”

2 Likes

Definitely agree, CBD tends to calm the effects of edibles… when i worked at the dispensary, we had free cbd gummies and vapes we gave to people if they said they were trying there first edible. If they trip out, the CBD could settle them back down.

3 Likes

I have this fancy edibles book. I think it has a lot of great information in it that has held up to my own use. It aims for low dose edibles. Here is the good stuff and I’ll include the contents page so if anyone has a specific recipe they want just ask and I’ll take a picture.

7 Likes

Thats a nice little read there dude :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

Super dope post @ABushOfKush ! Thank you!

2 Likes

The way I dose my edibles is by using tincture. The basic idea is you make a tincture and use it to find your proper dose. Once you know your dose, say 1/2 ml, you know how much tincture to use for the number of servings. So if your brownie re ipe is to make 16 brownies, you would add 8 ml of tincture.

It’s all explained in more detail in this thread:

5 Likes

Just make butter, sample it, if to strong, simply melt it down, add plain butter to weaken it.
That way you do not need to juggle the different potencies of different weed types, IMHO.
What I found, over the years, no single recipe will cover everyone.
Make it, and dial it down, as it so freaking easy to do.

Wow! That’s an awesome looking book, it’s the Stephanie Hua one, right? I found a big PDF of it on my favorite book bootleg site if anyone wants:

http://libgen.is/search.php?req=edibles+small+bites+for+the+modern+kitchen&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def

1 Like

That’s the one!

1 Like