MadScientist's 1st Annual 16oz Cup - Competition Thread 🏁

This is the tenth and last week for these girls. They will most likely get cut in the next couple of days. Its been fun folks! Good luck to the rest, time to get working on the 1x1x2 challenge next.

5 Likes

Here is my delayed update, my thanks to my competition for not crying foul for my late any competitor that really needs an explanation should p.m. me.

Not a good week in my grow, light burned a couple tops, lost a lot of fan leaves, decreased nutrients by 50% last week and down to 25% this week added less Epsom as well. Moving plants to relieve burning. Taking more water

10 Likes

unfortunately the 2 sperm donors aren’t developing at the same rate and i’m not sure if there’s any viable pollen yet. i will try collecting a bit of c99 pollen today to pollinate a couple branches. or do you think too early?

4 Likes

The girls got the chop a few days ago. Here’s one last look at the autos for the party cup challenge. They have been in the dark for a couple of days drying out. There’s even a ruler for @Uncle_Al .

Here is a shot of the roots. Next round I’ll do all soil with holes on the bottom. Yes I said next round, I’m still in it to win It!

I mean look at those purple budz yo! The kids like that right? Who else made feminized auto seeds this round?

A few days later and the buds are dry and ready to jar up. Colorful little things, came in at a little under three grams (2.84). I’ll let it cure for a few weeks and give a smoke report.

Lets look a little closer shall We? Oh yeah, just how I like it mostly cloudy with a tiny bit of amber. Those resin heads look delicious, maybe I’ll just have to squish It!

I’ll be honest, I forgot to label the clothes pins and have no idea who the father is anymore, so now it’s just a “fem auto mix”. But I got quite a bit, 3.46 grams worth. Seeds for votes anyone? :grin:

Another eighth (3.56 grams) worth of joint rolling material left after harvesting the seeds.

Just a special shout out to @MadScientist saying thanks for running the contest. :clap: I already won, I had fun and got seeds :money_mouth:

15 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: OG Cup Challenge Idea :trophy:

I honestly thought this contest would be easier but i am struggling. Ha! Ha! It is a lot of fun! :grin:

9 Likes

Didn´t come in late after all. Moving is a b*tch, everything is in boxes and guess what was the first thing i did at the new place…

Setup the tent for the contest of course!

Here´s the three ladies.

Black Domina x Afghan Kush
Champagne Kush
Cookies Kush

HppHrvst

PS. Vote for me everyone!

Vote for @MadScientist!

All the trichomes in my plants ask that you do!

9 Likes

Get ready here it comes, lots happening. Some are coming to. Some are getting fatter and some not so good

10 Likes

Last one in last week and I’m gonna post early this weekend. I just don’t know how I’m going to fit it all in so I’m going early rather than accidental late. @MadScientist has some buds going they look pretty good, seriously I don’t know if I will do better. Here is the group shot

Description from the left to right.

1 perking back up white hairs moving again

2 don’t look so good but under the cooked leaves fresh growth resumes lots of fat calyxes maybe seeded?

3 alot of fresh growth under the light burn fresh green growth at the tip good bud forming underneath could trim up decent

4 took less water this time frosting up pretty good no burned tips anywhere pretty nice bud on top got some good nuggets on the side

5 top bud still growing after a light burn looks like fresh growth at tip.side nuggys are frosting up good top is catching up

6 what can I say about this one? First it has quit taking water. Next, all the hairs have gone orange with no whites remaining or forming. It I believe has finished I will give her some more pictures before we finish posting.

7 top bud still recovering from light burn, growing at the tip

Side nugs not as frosty as others still throwing white hairs

8 caught the beginning of a leaf burn and moved plant further from light only lost a couple of leaflets that will trim up and even then there are trichomes getting fatter on the cooked part. Main bud continues to fatten

5 Likes

These photos are of plant 6. I am just about 98% sure this one has finished on her own sweet time. Next stop wet trim and hanging to dry

12 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: OG Cup Challenge Idea :trophy:

This week’s update. Even though it’s been less than a week in the jar, it smoked clean and smooth and stayed lit all the way to the end. The flavor is a little sweet and fruity with a bit of spice. The buds were a little moist making it difficult to break up. The jars need to be burped more. The effect is pretty nice, heady with some minor psychedelic effects. Of course, I have been doing dabs all night :grin:

7 Likes

The poor girl is almost done. A week or two and she won’t have to fight anymore. I learned a lot and it has been fun. :grin:

10 Likes