Uncle_Al's second germination

This will be the second batch from seeds this year, I received some strains from @Sunshine so this will be on “both” sites. this time I am germinating fruit bowl, spice mix and something called dank mix I received 11 seeds each of @Sunshines mixes but I’m only popping 5 of each kind. I am also starting 5 feminized Girl scout cookies and 10 of what I am calling Colorado medical mix, the Coloradans we’re hiding in a bag that came from a medical dispensary, who the hell knows what they really are ? technically I guess they are bag seeds, but the weed really knock me down. So it will be fun to see what happens there.

4 Likes

My germination technique is simple put the seeds in a wet paper towel and place that in a Ziploc. Then the Ziploc goes out in the dark corner of the garage, the consistently warmest part of the :house: house. Additionally I am using 1tsp/gallon of green light rooting solution this is a very weak concentration as the label calls for 3 1/2 Tbsp/gallon.

Seeds laid out on paper towels with labeled Ziploc bags

7 Likes

I will check on them when I get back from my day job, but right now I have to prepare the seedling tray so they have a place to go when they pop.

7 Likes

Yeah I goofed out it’s called Colorado mystery medical.

3 Likes

I just germed some seeds and was going to post my method with using gravity. you put the germed seeds in a straight line about a half an inch from the top of the paper towel edge, place them in a ziplock like you would normally do only DON’T put them on a plate. hang the bags vertically with the seeds toward the top edge and see what happens. the roots will grow straight down and not curl. super easy for transplanting.

6 Likes

Seems reasonable I might do that next time

2 Likes

I have gotten back to the lair and checked the progress of my intended germination, unfortunately it is only 24hrs since they hit the towels so really not much to report. I have however re-oriented them in the manner that @Viva_Mexico suggested, there may be something to it we’ll see

1 Like

Tonight there is some action, one spice mix

Into a rockwool cube
Three girl scout cookies

Again into the rockwool they go

One dank mix

Into your cube you go danky

And lastly three from the fruit bowl

What will I do with those?

You guessed it into the cubes .
The Colorado mystery medical remains a mystery none popped today, but now I have to label them and get them under the dome

5 Likes

All in the tray and here comes the dome

So overall the score is 3-3-1-1 for a total of eight
Uh yeah that’s a two lamp t12 florescent light on the same type timer my other thread is on.

6 Likes

Day 3 two have raised their heads from the rockwool, one of the fruit bowl and one dank mixer

And now to check those still in the paper towels
Three spice mix have sprouted
Leaving one shy guy.
Two girl scout feminized have sprouted,
So that’s all five if you’re counting
And all four remaining dank mix have been active two root tips and the other two have cracked open

Pop

6 Likes

The Colorado mystery medical seems d.o.a. no action at all,and the fruit bowl remains unchanged. Time to put today’s victories in the rock wool

1 Like

I am following this step by step. Except rockwool, i use peat pellets and they apparently have a pH of 6.4, which is not bad really right?

3 Likes

6.4 is not so bad, I’d be happy with it.

1 Like

Any way Uncle, following your germination log here… THX

2 Likes

I put the remaining unpopped spice mix in a cube just to see where it goes, Colorado mystery medical went back in the germination bag and so did the remaining fruit bowl. And here is tonight’s dome lineup

2 Likes

I don’t think I have ever germed so few at a time, with the stalled Coloradans Abit of a disappoinment I feel the need for more seeds. And this is where you all come in; following is a list of the seeds I do have that are not currently represented in this grow please give your input and the seeds with the greatest number of votes will win.all these seeds are feminized and I will germinate another ten
From Nirvana I have
AK-48
Northern lights. (a personal favorite)
Jock horror.
And from B.C. seeds
Psycho
They are all winners to begin with I will be happy no matter how it turns out so it’s up to you post and pick, the voting closes at 6:00 pm Eastern Time Friday

4 Likes

Hey @Uncle_Al, did you now you can create a “poll” just open a new topic and then go to
the options button :gear: and select “build poll”

Then you select single choice or multiple choice or whatever… and VOILA!

If i were you i’d do single choice…

2 Likes

That will be useful in the future

2 Likes

Since you like it i will vote Northern Lights! :grin:

3 Likes

No poll needed… Pop those NL

5 Likes