MadScientist's 1st Annual 16oz Cup - Competition Thread 🏁

heres my update😂fixed it though.

7 Likes

Here are my update shots. Everything is going smoothly and nothing exciting to report.

9 Likes

Update time, all my seedlings are mostly healthy after this week’s landlord induced bug out, some leaves showing what may be premature nutrient problem or maybe a little heat. Still nothing that they won’t come back from

8 Likes

My update for week two. They are off to a slow start, but they will take off soon enough. The bottom right one will be tested for sex via Phylos Biosciences.

5 Likes

sorry for late reply, roommate was gone out of town with his tablet :smiley: the first 2 pictures are the c99 and the 2nd two pictures are the blueberry, one was started 4 days after the first because the 1st seed didn’t germinate… if you look closely you can see thrips damage on a few leaves :frowning: i also was raising my lamp and both the drivers fell off on to the seedlings today :frowning: so they got kinda squished, but they will recover!!
the drivers have been relocated out of the room to help moderate temperatures. going to find a way to exhaust the hot air in to the ducting of the house

9 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: OG Cup Challenge Idea :trophy:

Another week gone and no problems.

8 Likes

I got one burning a little bit, the tips of the leaves are dried, dead, but other than that i just wish they were a little more developed than what they are but, they are still alive and kicking.

Last night i changed their water from 0.6EC to 1.2EC, and see what happens, hope they go mutant or something…

7 Likes

Here it is my threatened update, I was unable to spare the time on Wednesday, so forth with here it is: have some heat damage and the seedlings did not like being neemed. They are bouncing back growing wider and taller.

a
Five rows of five all 25 seedlings account for, no ringers from the previous germination

But I do have a couple of bullies, a Cinderella mix from FDM

A Durban mix from FDM

Reordered posing positions from the left AK-48, Psycho, Cinderella mix, Durban mix,and last but not least Jack

There you have it, anyone getting scared yet?

10 Likes

BAM!

8 Likes

Here is this week’s update. They got transplanted into fresh soil from the perlite. the bottom 1/3 is still perlite to give them a reservoir. They already look better. We will see if autos really have an internal clock or if it is number of nodes/maturity that will determine when they flower. The one with the plant stake is confirmed female :wink:

3 Likes

i decided i was too lazy to do a side by side of nutrients so instead i will be topping/training 2 and the other 2 will be left to grow naturally. the first 2 feedings took 7 days to dry out, third was after 5 days, and it’s been 2 days since and the cups are already pretty light. i guess it’s also worth noting i made slits all around the cup to replicate an air pot. usually i’d burn holes with a soldering iron but i couldn’t find it at the time.

7 Likes

she or he is still getting lght down there. I

6 Likes

Here is the update for this week, I have trimmed the team down to the best 16 plants down from 25. Notice the ruler in the pics.

Cinderella mix
Durban mix
Psycho
AK-48

Jack

Now the whole team

Good luck fellow competitors we are days away from the switch to 12/12 I am sure to cut the team again.

8 Likes

These are mine, and they got a little stunted, i dunno why, they should be bigger, that´s all i am saying…

5 Likes

my girls are a little mad at me for spraying with method 1 pps once or twice a day until flip … i also let them dry out too much one time… . the blueberries are starting to show colours. watering once a day now

7 Likes

Here are my updates. Slow but steady growth.

8 Likes

This week’s update is looking much better. Wait, what? Weren’t these starving and barely alive a week ago? Watch out, they are loving the organic soil and ferments! They are getting watered every two to three days right now.

7 Likes