MadScientist's 1st Annual 16oz Cup - Competition Thread 🏁

A post was merged into an existing topic: OG Cup Challenge Idea :trophy:

Another week gone and no problems.

8 Likes

I got one burning a little bit, the tips of the leaves are dried, dead, but other than that i just wish they were a little more developed than what they are but, they are still alive and kicking.

Last night i changed their water from 0.6EC to 1.2EC, and see what happens, hope they go mutant or something…

7 Likes

Here it is my threatened update, I was unable to spare the time on Wednesday, so forth with here it is: have some heat damage and the seedlings did not like being neemed. They are bouncing back growing wider and taller.

a
Five rows of five all 25 seedlings account for, no ringers from the previous germination

But I do have a couple of bullies, a Cinderella mix from FDM

A Durban mix from FDM

Reordered posing positions from the left AK-48, Psycho, Cinderella mix, Durban mix,and last but not least Jack

There you have it, anyone getting scared yet?

10 Likes

BAM!

8 Likes

Here is this week’s update. They got transplanted into fresh soil from the perlite. the bottom 1/3 is still perlite to give them a reservoir. They already look better. We will see if autos really have an internal clock or if it is number of nodes/maturity that will determine when they flower. The one with the plant stake is confirmed female :wink:

3 Likes

i decided i was too lazy to do a side by side of nutrients so instead i will be topping/training 2 and the other 2 will be left to grow naturally. the first 2 feedings took 7 days to dry out, third was after 5 days, and it’s been 2 days since and the cups are already pretty light. i guess it’s also worth noting i made slits all around the cup to replicate an air pot. usually i’d burn holes with a soldering iron but i couldn’t find it at the time.

7 Likes

she or he is still getting lght down there. I

6 Likes

Here is the update for this week, I have trimmed the team down to the best 16 plants down from 25. Notice the ruler in the pics.

Cinderella mix
Durban mix
Psycho
AK-48

Jack

Now the whole team

Good luck fellow competitors we are days away from the switch to 12/12 I am sure to cut the team again.

8 Likes

These are mine, and they got a little stunted, i dunno why, they should be bigger, that´s all i am saying…

5 Likes

my girls are a little mad at me for spraying with method 1 pps once or twice a day until flip … i also let them dry out too much one time… . the blueberries are starting to show colours. watering once a day now

7 Likes

Here are my updates. Slow but steady growth.

8 Likes

This week’s update is looking much better. Wait, what? Weren’t these starving and barely alive a week ago? Watch out, they are loving the organic soil and ferments! They are getting watered every two to three days right now.

7 Likes

I have just put 1 Purple Afghan Kush into a rockwool cube in my cup and it is in the nursery to sprout.
1 month late so there will be no veg period.

4 Likes

This week’s update, been in 12/12 since Halloween, no female hairs showing yet. Definitely increased rate of growth in the golden glow of my light show. Team has trimmed down to 11 plants, only those showing side growth were included in this cut. Here come the pics:

7 Likes

here’s my lil (hopefully) girls, lookin a lil pathetic … i’ve been neglectful this week but thankfully the thrips are still gone… and i saw my thermo was 68* on the floor so i checked some leaf temps… 72-76* around the main canopy but 63-65* on these lil girls :frowning: :frowning: going to get an electric heater

7 Likes