MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

Here we go baby I got to get some sleep so Iā€™m 10 minutes away from 12 letā€™s rock and roll letā€™s get it blottos x OGK from my main man Tom Petty Iā€™m also going to run some Malibu Sunshine maybe like three of them. Hereā€™s the Blotto. Best of luck to everybody hopefully I make something happen with these Iā€™d be happy with just making it flower. Yā€™all be safe
-J

Edit-

Time to burn a huge one and pass out later gaterz!

11 Likes

2 seeds dropped in water. Nap time for this old man!

11 Likes

It took me right up till sowing time to decide what to run but i landed on SunShine DayDream F2.

Edit. My soldering iron needed a new tip anyway.

14 Likes

Decided to go with 3 divyderā€™s(autos) 1 royal queen (photo)and 2 rem CBD x RCP seeds(photo) .

11 Likes

Iā€™m throwing three auto seeds into soil tomorrow itā€™s late Iā€™m tired going to bed.

5 Likes

Alright sooooo I am running a feminized regular seed Papaya Cake by Oni given to me from @Buzzer777

I found an extra 16 oz solo cupā€¦its clear - iā€™ll find an extra solid color in the next day or so to set it insideā€¦planning for this I put several holes in only the bottom of the cup

I filled it with the tested soil from the DBHP Preservation then packed it in then to the middle added 2parts vermicilite to 1 part sunshine mix #4

Then I took 1/8 tsp peroxide and mixed in with 1/2 cup distilled waterā€¦my well water is 220ppms :wink: Anyway, set papaya cake to this water at 9:30pm Ak time sooooooooo thatā€™s 1:29am Est.

I will let her soak for 2 hrs then insert her into the 1 1/2" deep holeā€¦cover with a plastic sandwich bag.
At sprout, iā€™ll foliar daily with aloe waterā€¦
@ 2 wks old iā€™ll add in drench for growth till 2wks post light flip
@ 3 wks old iā€™ll add in spinach and pineapple ferment foliar until 1 wk post light flip

Starting at 3 wks from light flip iā€™ll use Drench for Blooms until 8 wks from light flip then water only until doneā€¦iā€™ll be taking clones so if I like her, I can grow a much bigger one in the near future :stuck_out_tongue:

16 Likes

Running a few different things. The goji 1-3 are different f2 mothers crossed to salmon river og. The thai is also crossed to salmon river og. The baggie is Jack Herrer fem and from southern Oregon seeds is northern lights.

9 Likes

Yikes! Impressiveā€¦

Papaya Cake has turned into a night time wonderā€¦a few hits and I am toast. I did cross her with a Crockett Strawberry Fields and there are 4 of those in veg nowā€¦including what appears to be a genetic mutation (not sick and Not ph either!) all were germinated and planted the exact same way too.

My small 4 plant outdoor grow is finally underway (weather has been horrible). Plants have been vegging indoors since Feb.

11 Likes

Busy day ahead as my Godson is having his first communion. When I get home Iā€™ll be dropped my 2 seeds directly in their cups and skip the usual paper towel method this time. First time growing in a solo cup and first time directly putting into coco to sprout!

Anyone other rookie growers giving this a try?

Cant wait to see what all you pros do this year.

10 Likes

Iā€™m traveling into uncharted waters also 1st timer also for solo competition Iā€™m going to try Hempy style with an organic flair using EWC, homemade compost, rice hulls and a bit of down to earth inputs will be interesting! So does this classify me as a part time hydro grower with hempy? Lol

9 Likes

No Iā€™m going straight from paper towel into the Final Cup. I was gonna run autos, fems im not messing around in waters Iā€™m not familiar Iā€™ll flip em in a month. Tom Petty roughed them for me in a sandpaper tube to absorb water faster. Just a rich soil mix from Tom as well. Hopefully I get some American Girls lol. Itā€™s not a big deal lol. I take it too seriously sometimes. I do have fun meeting and talking about my fave plant. Letā€™s have fun! Running a friendā€™s cross. I threw some Maui Sunshine in I just got from @Sebring. Thanks bro. If I win you got a pack. :wink: Nice to meet everyone. Iā€™m J. If I can help anyone with anything donā€™t hesitate. Be safe ever one. Good luck!
-J

6 Likes

Official Entry for MadScientist

Alien Lime Fighter!!!

Hello peeps, so may the best grower winā€¦ Thanks to all for your entries.

Alien Rift (Ocean Grown Seeds) x Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter (LED_Seeds) made by @MadScientist!

This is an example of a fully grown and mature specimen, grown by @magictampee.cr on Instagram

I was told by ā€œTampeeā€ that itā€™s super sweet and tasty, like ā€œWater Applesā€ do you have that thereā€¦?

Water Apple endemic of Costa Rica!

Letā€™s see what they can do on 16oz cups!

See ya there.

Sci :robot:

20 Likes

I hadnā€™t answered before cos of lack of time, now am in front of the computerā€¦

You are hereby named as Igor, the wicked/insane helperā€¦

BUA BUA BUA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
:cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning::cloud_lightning:

I need all the help i can get, and yes a book is in my future, about the tours across the country, i dunno broā€¦ Do you think people would pay to hear ME talk shitā€¦

They prolly know more than i doā€¦ i just sayingā€¦ I believe in me tho.

One of the highest pillars in science brother! Our need turns into innovation.

Well Captain Kirk, will you be Igor or Kirk! Make up your mind man!! HAHAHAHAH JK!

Cool bro!

Sci :robot:

10 Likes

lots of picturesā€¦learn powerpoint. :wink:

+1 for 'igor" and now I am jealous.

5 Likes

Nothing better than seiveing compost and EWC at 8 in the morning and getting your hands dirty!

so we have rice hulls; EWC, peatmoss mix lightly fortified and compost !

This years lineup for the MSSCC are:
AK59 auto fems
White widow auto fems
Dark sparks compliments of @Mr.Sparkle

Oh and forgot two red wigglers per cup!

14 Likes

Good luck everyone and thanks to the Mad Mad @MadScientist for this cool annual event

8 Likes

You should take them with you and have the pastor bless your seeds! :joy:

7 Likes

Ok late but on time.
My entries 4
All my strain i think ill name (blueberry ogk)
since google says that aint taken yet.
It is cross of xbj16(beast male) and blotto ogk keeper female ive been cloning for 2years now.
Root riots to start em in a dome 11am. Cubes soaked in phed water first

5 Likes

Great idea. Iā€™ll throw a few in my jacket pocket and it shall be blessed.

5 Likes

Okay, I shouldnā€™t, but you only live once, so what are the rules? The short version please :blush:. Is it too late to enter?

5 Likes