MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Yeah thats what im saying is control them roots.

Lost few due to neglect

8 Likes

All of the ones I’ll be able to use are just peeking their heads this morning… I started them in smaller seeds starters and will put in a cup today probably. I was having germination problems and decided to go back to the old way.

The only one I planted in a cup is still stuck in time. It had a couple of issues and I can’t tell if it’s done or gonna pull out if. I need to get mine in cups today and get them going. I’ll have to leave them with a friend for a week soon.

3 Likes

Yeah, that is what the fabric pots do. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mine are looking a lot better now that they are actually getting fed.

12 Likes

Really I think everybody’s on par yours look similar to mine in structure in height. Really quick what strain are you running or multiple strains I should say? You have a lot of experience with autoflowers don’t you? I just want some information because I have a couple Autoflower seeds and one Gorilla Glue Auto that’s blooming at 4 in it just blows my mind. If you have the time and you have any good links on understanding autoflowers I’d appreciate it. If not thanks either way bro

1 Like

These are a cross between Lowryder2 and Juanita la Lagrimosa. My thread is a good start on autos. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Autos right?
I havent really followed these growoffs. Seen em never joined one.
Im curious as to how the differences in photos and autos are gonna be with 30 day flip.

1 Like

Ive only grown 1 auto strain. It was a local breeders stuff and i decided photos were better for me. I do want to try real auto like a mephisto strain

1 Like

He will be halfway to harvest before those running photoperiods will flip, unless they do it early which they probably should.

60+ days from breaking ground and they are done, no flipping necessary

5 Likes

Here is my solo cup check in.

11 Likes

Rockin right along at 10 days old

14 Likes

I’m not sure how many are competing looks like we’re going to be in for quite a show as the days progress ! Looking forward to see what can actually be pulled off in a beer cup .

1 Like

Really like this one so far.

Lebanese from the last post
-

Not exactly sure what happened to this Lebanese, she appears to have no meristem… Assuming it’s something I did. Soil too hot? :disappointed_relieved:

Also, alfalfa sprouts and cannabis sprouts look incredibly similar for a good 48 hours. Plant together only if you have the patience of a saint.

10 Likes

Just throwing this out there for some SoloCup competition SMACK DOWN! Ya’ll in deep deep trouble for going up against my ak 59 if I can get it to grow at 1/2 as good as what’s going on in the beds right now everyone’s going to be smelling my terpenes! lol

11 Likes

Ooh getting competitive in here! @Tinytuttle all like suck my terpene dust :joy:

5 Likes

No actually, these are a cross between an auto (Lowryder2) and a photo (Juanita la Lagrimosa). The goal is to breed these and reproduce the photo in auto form. I love the mom, she is one of my favorite cultivars.

8 Likes

Hahaha love it!! Nothing more exhilarating then a 16oz challenge :v:

6 Likes

Hah! :imp:

That is all… :wink:

2 Likes

Depends on the specific auto and photo, but autos will start flowering at 3-5 weeks normally, and photos can technically start flowering that early too. Average photo is probably closer to 5-7 weeks of 12/12 before they start flowering tho, depending on strain. Those Ace autos tho? :thinking: :hugging:

1 Like

Get em momma lovely dark jade ladies…I have a few carats of rough cut jade…needs to be polished…Awesome!

2 Likes