MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

As of last night Three of four grew tails! The 4th should come around today and I’ll transfer to their 16oz cup homes today as well!

11 Likes

Well, after thinking about it, I decided to be really nice I would give you all one extra day. heh …or, er, I forgot… one of those.

I’m doing it to force me out of the box and to explore new things. But, I find myself with a lot of questions… like which would really be the best seed. ??? I suppose a fem seed is almost warranted since I’m already late… so, auto, or photo?? If I don’t pick a fem, I know I’ll plant a male… it’s how I roll.

The pot is ready… and waiting for a seed to be placed into it’s winning spot…

Ready, set,… I’m not sure. brb

8 Likes

Ok, I made a command decision. My choice is: Black Lime Reserve f4. I’ve been wanting to grow it and this is a good start. I’ll be doing some sort of silly ceremonial dancing jig to appeal to the Gods of Females to ensure my sexing goes right.

I may drop a female seed as my backup hedge plan in case the BLR is male. And the one I have more of would be a C99… not sure it would be the best Solo Cup variety, though. All of the others I only have 4-5 of and hate to use it like this.

Hell, I may drop a few more cup seeds but, I’m going with the BLR. I may just pop a couple more of those to keep my focus.

It is done… no germination, she went right into the soil. Best vibes all! peace

13 Likes

L

The fourth bean popped and now we’re ready for soil! More than ready on those three with nice tails! A reminder that all four seeds are from two different bags of decent quality buds but unknown grower and unknown strains! The two bigger seeds were from some light green with yellow hairs that smelled something like Blue dream or Green Crack aka Green Cush. The other two, smaller seeds were from some darker, purplish looking bud that I really couldn’t get a good smell because of the leafy trim-ish “outdoorish” smell that overpowered it. Both were gifted so I turned the buds into rosin and kept the seeds. I think it makes it exciting to see what I get not knowing what strains the seeds are! :ok_hand:t3::+1:t3:

11 Likes

Planted and ready for water. I realize that clear cups aren’t the best option because of light reaching the roots and whatnot but clear was the only color I found in the 16oz cups. I already have red cups but I didnt know they were 18oz so I decided not to use them and find some true 16oz. I plan to place the cups inside another dark or non-clear container to protect the roots. I’ll update that once I do it. For now I’m gonna keep all 4 inside a red plastic popcorn container. They fit snug.

15 Likes

Forgot to mention all seedlings are in happy frog soil.

10 Likes

I just planted some tomatoes in my popcorn bucket hempy style I like yours more with the super hero’s on it!

8 Likes

Haha thanks yea I like the Avengers container too Lol

5 Likes

I’m thinking of naming my seedlings after characters from the Avengers now lol. The biggest one of course hulk! The frostiest one Thor or Thanos! Haha

6 Likes

I finally have proof of life!

Of 3 seeds planted just 2 have popped and shown themselves. (1960’s Sour Diesel IBL)

Under the fabric pots, the worms have come to play and those look like a lot of healthy worms in an indoor bed.

17 Likes

I only planted one but I should do a few others to hedge my bet. Mine will be for amusement only since it’s my first time trying to finish one on a Solo cup.

The cold weather makes my seeds have second thoughts about opening… I should see something today.

Nice looking worms! I was working in one of the garden areas and I pulled up a piece of carpet the last lady left in the walkway between raised beds. Man, there was a worm in there that was 6-7 inches long and thicker than a pencil. It was a beauty. I covered it back up in hopes he’ll be there again when I go back with a camera! peace

7 Likes

Here’s my seeds showing there heads, Afghan kush, bubba kush, afghani#1, and maybe the north. I’ll most likely do one of each h and pick the best. I’ll get better pics of them put into cups later…oh yeah can someone and my name to the list. :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Added you to the list

4 Likes

Love that medium you’re using! Looks so healthy and full of IMO’s! I’m working on KNF imos and stuff but for now happy frog lol

4 Likes

Its aliiiiiveee! Hopefully it’s a lady… But I’m not gonna kill it if it’s male cuz i need some pollen to freeze :sunglasses:

11 Likes

Here they are in their homes. I probably should’ve put them in the cups a day or so aho…but oh well let’s see what happens.

12 Likes

If you bury those a bit farther in the cups, those long stems will start shooting roots out, giving your plant a kick start and preventing them from falling over!

14 Likes

Here they are growing away. I already see my potential hulk and also the little runt of the 4 slowly rising up.

9 Likes

My coco was too hot from the shop, the seedlings suffered greatly, a couple of days of PH’d and myco’d water looks like it saved them.
My hopes of a finish in my third attempt are at around 43% I reckon.

Fun fun.

17 Likes

11/12 of the Lowryder2 x Juanita la Lagrimosa made it. One decided to snap itself in half trying to get out of the cube. Transplanted into the solo cups of coco chunks and placed into the E&F.

17 Likes