MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

I guess Iā€™m late on this thread. Good Show!

Bog

Bogland72@gmail.com

26 Likes

Donā€™t feel bad bro, I may not be that far along, heh. I have only one that I dropped into the cup, but Iā€™m gonna plant more todayā€¦

So, since you dropped by BOG, Iā€™m gonna take that as a sign. Iā€™ve never been lucky enough to grow out your gear yet, but I have a cross a friend gifted me with your Sour Bubble. I just saw it again two days ago, so now Iā€™m convinced. Iā€™ll drop a few of these todayā€¦ itā€™s GG#4 x Sour Bubbleā€¦ I figure Iā€™ll keep one to grow in the cup and the others will go into 5-7 gallon pots!

My single one I started is a Black Lime Reserve and it sprouted early, but completely upside downā€¦ the root was growing straight up out of the dirt, so I righted herā€¦and now have to wait on catch up.

GG#4 x Sour Bubble caught my eye though, and I was wondering why I havenā€™t tried it yetā€¦ I only got it last year.

Best vibes on your cup grow, @BOGā€¦ what did you decide to grow? .peace

Hope all is well with you bro!

10 Likes

Hey, I just realizedā€¦ this is my official first time to enter a cannabis ā€œCUPā€, lolā€¦ Iā€™m in the big leagues now!

14 Likes

Welcome @BogSeeds

Im thrilled to have you here.

Let us do this!

Sci :robot:

9 Likes

Hey there peeps,

Another update for you.

Babies are happy and will grow on hempy cups with 100% hydroton, except for the rockwool core.

Hope you love it.

Sci :robot:

15 Likes

I figured I got hadnā€™t post a picture of my cups since I had my high pressure sodium lamp in there. The girl pretty good felt like any other seed I usually grow should be fairly decent by the time I kick it over. Thanks for looking yā€™all.
-J

10 Likes

I dropped 4 seeds of my BOG Sour Bubble crossā€¦ hope they pop soon. I may or may not get the little BLR to pull out of itā€¦ Iā€™ll pick the best GG4 x Sour Bubble for the cup grow and move the others up to big girl shoes for more of the show.

I hope I have some signs of life to show soon! peace

6 Likes

Alright so in the name of going completely OTT. Here is the my mini dwc with a new tenant. So I had a spare Samsung 50w 1200mm strip, so what else to do but to bend it around a aluminium strip and whack on an arduino controlled stepper motor to rotate it 180 degrees once per hour! Will it work? No idea, we are about to find outā€¦

Behold! :joy: :joy: :joy:

29 Likes

Stretch fast reaching for that LED.

9 Likes

I absolutely love it. :sunny:

6 Likes

I thought about entering this challenge as I grow in about 380 ml of soil every time. I also dropped 4 seeds into water on the 2nd of this month as well.
The problem Iā€™ve got is that Iā€™m going to have to flip into flower by the end of next week, flower for max of 8 weeks and then harvest, dry and store before the end of August.
I head of for 2 weeks holidays then and have no one to look after the plants while Iā€™m away.
Iā€™ll grow along beside this challenge and see how I would have faired.

Cheers Johnny

10 Likes

lmao. Bloody hell.
You wouldnā€™t be a engineer, with a bit of time on his hands by any chance?
Interesting concept though. Is the light rotating east to west? :joy:

11 Likes

Um, maybe you could be on to something there :grin: Nah, this one just rotates 180 degrees clockwise and then back again over an hour. I didnā€™t want to go getting too fancy now did I? :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

Wellā€¦i buried the stems on these little stretchers, jus a little moreā€¦ fingers crossed.

also have my little Dwc experiment using coffee cans :sunglasses:

16 Likes

First two have emerged (technically thereā€™s also two more above ground not in this picture)

13 Likes

@slain, I love it!! lmao, tooā€¦ canna minds are the best! That has to be a pretty cool set upā€¦ Iā€™m interested in how it performsā€¦ nice going on thinking outside the box!!

And, on another note, just looking Slainā€™s set-up and some of the othersā€¦ i donā€™t have a stinking chance at this, do Iā€¦??? lolā€¦

10 Likes

Wow! I had always wanted to do something like this, but with solid strips and Meanwell LDD drivers. I really like this concept, good luck!

12 Likes

Hahah that is freeking cool man. Such dedication to the 16oz challenge!!

9 Likes

Lmao, thatā€™s awesome! You going to document it in a separate thread?

7 Likes

This is a solid strip, itā€™s just a lot more flexible than I expected, itā€™s one of these being driven by an Osram 50w driver.

https://www.digikey.com./product-detail/en/samsung-semiconductor-inc/SI-B8U521B20WW/1510-2226-ND/6624010

It gave me some good ideas on how I could build a grow dome for my next build :laughing:

12 Likes