MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Roots are free! So I’ll up my nutes to half strength in a couple of days and away it should go!

9 Likes

Lol in the words of my favorite characters The Minions…“boooyaaa booooyaaaa” haha. Good man.

1 Like

Is that entered in the contest. I was just asking…didnt know you could drop it in a bucket. I’m not trying to be ignorant I was just wondering

if the root mass is contained within a 16oz cup throughout the grow its fair game.

3 Likes

That’s what’s up when I learn how to make a 5-gallon a little bucket set up I’m going to try that out just one little single what would I need like an aquarium pump some tubing…
Edit…ooooh ok I got you I thought the roots filled the 5gl. My bad I’m learning…looks nice…bookmarked

2 Likes

Lol, yeah the bucket is just the nutrient rez, all the plant roots stay strictly in the 16oz cup.

3 Likes

5gal bucket you say lol

10 Likes

Man it took me 5 mins to work out that this was a grow chamber! Cool!

2 Likes

hahahaha, yeah old fun project, long dismantled and recycled now.

4 Likes

Edited and moved to my grow log…sorry

1 Like

@Baltimore Woah now hahaha, you know its a lot easier for us to read if you take a breather every now and then :wink: your excited and stoked, thats sweet as we all should be, and heck we all share as we go along but no need to do it all in one go, this way it builds up a relationship over time, leaves stuff to talk about later, or i guess your approach hahaha anyways cool… I’ll share though i grew up tinkering and building any project that interested me or that helped out my fathers own projects, learnt and still learn a lot…

6 Likes

I have so many questions… heh… Canna minds are the best tinkerers.

2 Likes

i think i have an old thread on here with the last round or so

… yeah here it is

2 Likes

That was far too long and I didn’t read!

Maybe if i saw some paragraphs I would have given it a go.

Let’s get back to the cup competition.

Keep smiling.

6 Likes

Sorry I’ll keep it in my thread. Excitement rages… nite all

5 Likes

Roots already coming out sides. They say got to trim soon as they come out. Thats why i didnt try hydro. Constant trimming coming youre way.the roots never stay contained. And root pruning can easily be fatal. I see trimming every few days on these hydro deals and the stress is gonna be the factor.

Yeah theyre still alive. I lost the one but these 2are good to go.

5 Likes

The only time I ever trim roots is when I re-pot in soil or coco and I have left it too long. Otherwise in all my hydro DWC setups it’s do whatever possible to build a root ball as big as possible. No trimming ever.

1 Like

how the hell you going to lose a plant? You need me to come find it for you LOL you know I got that K9 dog nose!
:wink:

1 Like

True but that leads to a root mass outside the cup usually. They said if roots come out cup they have to be trimmed. Or everyone be running a 16ozplug with 5gal of root free in water. Im gonna have issues in soil with roots coming out. Trimming em isnt gonna be fun

1 Like