MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

What is e&f? Ebb and flow? Is it connected to a small reservoir? I wouldnā€™t mind having a small unit like that.

(100 questions time) Do you have an airstone in the system? Is it a build or an all included unit? It seems all self contained??

Not sure why, but all of the sudden I have an interest in a unit like that. mainly to try and have a chance at the cup compā€¦ lolā€¦ I wonā€™t be getting one before thats over likely. Maybe I can make something. thx

1 Like

Yep, you got that one right.

Sure is, 8 gallons fit below the upper tub.

No, but I might add one.

I built it. I have a few posts in my workshop thread starting here where I painted the two containers.

Then assembly

And testing

Finally installation

7 Likes

Iā€™m not actually competingā€¦just showed some seeds germinating but I can answer questions. Just email me at Bogland72@gmail.com

Bog

7 Likes

Thanks buddy! Iā€™m glad you stopped by, because it made the light bulb go off in my head, and now I have at least a cross with the Sour Bubble. Iā€™ll get that one as soon as I get caught back up from winterā€¦ this summer sometime. And, I always have questions! .peace

Awesome, thanks! I just want to take a look and learn how to do one. I probably have lots of stuff here. Plus, Iā€™m just a DIYā€™er at heart. Iā€™m starting to learn about it because Iā€™m planning an indoor produce project that will have some sort of larger scale irrigation set upā€¦ It would be fun to play with something smaller to get the feel for it. peace

3 Likes

For any of us hoping to get one up on ya and having any chance of winning this thing please donā€™t make anymore important discoveries such as this ! Lol :joy: :joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

My now three little ladies soaking up so COLORADO sunshine and wiggling in the wind!

9 Likes

Itā€™s weird worrying about EC, pH, and stage of growth. Got to keep all the knives sharp though. :grin:

5 Likes

So not currently in effect or listed for actual products, but would one have to smuggle in ā€œsoloā€ cups in order to compete in future 16oz contests, or would equal appropriate sized containers be acceptableā€¦ :confused: :laughing:

Cause saying that my recent standard square pots are right at that 16oz volume if completely filled

^^^ is this my entry photo, hmmmm we will see lol.

15 Likes

Here they are at 13 days from dropping them in dirt. Only half sprouted.

9 Likes

Day 13.5

9 Likes

I use led strip for work that bends a 90 in far less than 4ā€ if you can find a ā€˜trackā€™ that bends <4ā€ youā€™d be set

1 Like

Looking awesome !

Just following along to watch the show :slight_smile: maybe next year Iā€™ll jump in on this! Good luck everyone, happy growing!

2 Likes

@slain love tou rig and all but i think if only rotate only 90 degrees will be better you will stop the leds for an hour in a different spot , you dont want it just to rotate and sit in the same place as before , sit it in the oposite side of were is sitting , i hope tou understand this MoFos explanation, cheers and happy Growing, @MadScientist too bad i was really full for this one , was going to be awesome see of of these huge FPOG autos i had in one of those 16oz , i think next one cheers and happy Growing

3 Likes

So, Iā€™d like some info on these bendable strips bro if you have it on hand! The hard strips put out a good whack of light, 9-10K lumens at a nice neat 1 amp, though depending on how hard you drive them they will output more, but itā€™s only the single row 1200mm strips that are flexible, meaning a fair bit of wiring if you are putting in a number.

He would have to win again to accomplish that. Seems unlikely but never underestimate voters.

I donā€™t get into politics on open forums, and this isnā€™t the thread to do so. In person sure thatā€™s different iā€™ll happily talk politics.

I will say though i havenā€™t seen any real plans from the conservative party on any real issues apart from just supporting oil companies and them exporting stuff which sure helps albertans abit with trickle down economics as that works so well, but there is also an entire world at play tooā€¦ but what else do they got for a plan im waitingā€¦ they have yet to deliver anything, honestly open ears to all parties if they actually have a plan and will stick to it and it aligns with my valuesā€¦
Also i have been seeing alot of influencing campaigns going on and picking up as we get closer to october whether induced internally or externally doesnā€™t matter other than people need to look at situations with a critical mind, which alot of people would rather or unwittingly succumb to base emotions and picking sides due to railing of anger and fear.

Only thing that is really constant is change, saying that what and who has the best plan for all canadians i donā€™t know but banning single use plastics if were going there doesnā€™t seem like a bad thing to me.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/04/plastic-bag-bans-kenya-to-us-reduce-pollution/

4 Likes

Not really into politics. I just find it hard to imagine he could win again thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Canadians we vote people out, not necessarily in lol.

5 Likes

Coming for the crown @Mr.Sparkle! Lol j/K bud you got it, but hereā€™s a shot across the bow!

6 Likes

who says im playing ;), and that my plants all arenā€™t gonna be reversed, pollen bearing and chopped early.

2 Likes