MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

It’s a dangerous climb to the top!

18 Likes

That’s what I usually do for my last 2 days before harvest. Definitely makes a difference.

2 Likes

Peaked in this morning after doing a little over 24 hours dark and yeah I’d say it made a difference

12 Likes

Still alive!

21 Likes

So i chopped them this morning. They haven’t been drinking or stacking on bud for a bit now. Also they won’t stop falling over lol. Ill post weight after a week of hanging. Here she is!

Not much for roots showing around the edges. But i think if I blacked out the outside of the cup it would have been better.

23 Likes

Blue cups root better then red ones…24 Oz horticultural cups block light best… Bog

11 Likes

7 Likes

No bells and whistles for this lady. I wish i had thought of the hydro cup lol. She’s a elruv courtesy of @ReikoX. Just a cup with some m.g water control dirt. Half of veg was in my windowsill. Finished under a 150w hps. The hps bulb is likely many years old. Just got the fixture for 30 and said f it I’ll throw it under there. Buying a new bulb will probably be done in the next few months. I didn’t want to even touch the plant until it was getting cut. That’s why I made a “custom engineered” light cover for the roots as well as a contraption to hold the cup at an angle so there’s no chance of my high self tipping it over :joy:. All the fan leaves have been eaten by the plant. I only took the last 2 off right before taking these pictures. The plant is turning on to the sugar leaves now. The couple little buds that are present smell unbelievable and have a good density as well as a good amount of frost. I hope my pictures look okay my camera is not super high quality. The roots are pretty full but not quite densely packed. I didn’t water much tho so that could be why. Id only water when the cup felt totally dry so every 2 or 3 days. Im just hyped the single seed i planted for this comp was a lady :sunglasses: I’m going to enjoy smoking this one. I grew a few in the windowsill over winter and they smelled the same but had turned into little spears and got super spacey. I’m really happy with my results given the fact I pretty much didn’t do a thing to this plant. I knew pretty much from the start I had mostly no chance given the competitors lights\equipment :joy: but i have had fun seeing what my little auto could do in a solo. Seeing the flood and drain and the rocket cup really gave me some great ideas. I’ll probably cut her Saturday after next there’s still a few white hairs here and there. Thanks to @MadScientist for this years solo cup competition and thanks to all the peeps that came along :metal::metal:

10 Likes

:blue_car: is that me in the black car? :joy:

3 Likes

I’d say she turned out pretty legit especially how you did it, seriously shes beautiful man :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you @Deadinside88 :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think we should rent a banquet room in a Quality Inn and have an awards ceremony and make people speak and shit. We could all get wasted on cheap whiskey and smoke all of the green contest entrants. :bow:

… or bronze them.

Man, you guys have some badd ass cup plants! I wish we could put them all side by side. I have my pick already I think, but will reserve it until everybody that is in the running gets a chance to show. Best vibes Solo cup engineers!

9 Likes

Ok so one is finished the other still all white pistils.

total prob 1/4oz on the small one.

14 Likes

Decided to chop down the divyder last night,

not a real big root mass or anything but she smells delicious, cant wait to try her once shes cured.

13 Likes

@Sebrings Maui SS, still going. I have 5 cups. They’re all still a little bit out. No flexing here. If nothing just making sure it’s mature before harvest. Anyways very tall for this comp. Almost 4ft. Roots are spinning lovely. I wish I would have had a dedicated light and small tent.

I had a great time doing this. @MadScientist thank you. Brings us closer together. Seriously I’m not gonna get a emotional crybaby. Some really great people here. If people would open their hearts. Cannabis brings people together. Period. Light a joint and see how many ethnicities wanna toke. Later y’all. Enjoy my lanky little cups.
@Pedro_Bann…too soon junior. Lol I love it.

Maui SS

Yes lawd!

Closer up.

Roots

Nice bottom :blush:

Y’all have a good one. Be safe.
-J

21 Likes

What sort of smells are you getting from your MS? I have a female out of 3 so I’m happy! I put her in a 5 gallon pot 2 days ago.

4 Likes

I’m not a great sniffer. Lol. I’ll give her a rubbing tonite. I had a shit load of Maui SS males only 1 fem. Deffinitely needs to go outside. Have you noticed very tall plants/very vigarous growth? I was like it’s stretching hard is the only reason I’m asking. As the plant has aged it’s lankyness looks better now that it’s in full flower swell.

I’ll check tonite bro, but we deffinitely should compare bud pics, smells ECT. I wanna start a little journal with attributes of plants, likes dislikes ect. Cuz I’ll mess it up quick. Lol. The males showed extremely fast. No hermies or anything to report here. I’ll let you know tonite as I can finally get it my tent. :blush: Have a good one bro.

Any smells? In a 5 gal? Your gonna have a big fudger! Lol

4 Likes

Congrats on finishing. A lot of people didnt get that far. I would have let that plant go another couple weeks. It’s still full of white pistils. What did the trichomes look like? Either way, I’m sure the other plants appreciate the extra room.

6 Likes

Yeah they still have a couple weeks to go I just wanted to let everybody know I was still in here and not bullshiting. I saw so many good-looking plants. I started beating myself up like I always do but I just got to realize that everything will come with time just to enjoy the ride . I overlooked the one that was a Maui sunshine. All the seeds that I get from you guys are very valuable to me. Finally I do have a little bit of room in there the other plants definitely appreciate it.

I appreciate the help with everything Reiko you’ve been really patient and helpful I’m really turned me on to autoflowers. I would love to learn how to breed different strains into Autoflower strains. If you had one link that would be great reading I would appreciate it. Thank you for the kind words I love those colors in your plants man there gorgeous. Can’t wait to see how those testers are going to come out I’ll be front row in it

5 Likes

Just cought your other update, you chopped that auto. I thought you chopped the Maui Sunshine. Still on my first cup of coffee. :coffee:

5 Likes