MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition šŸ

Thanks Sci. Iā€™m so glad I entered. Hopefully you run with us next year. Itā€™s been a great way to meet everyone and be humbled by these grows. It takes a lot to get a plant to look like @Pedro_Bann or @ReikoX hopefully with good intentions and a solid work ethic, Iā€™ll get there. Just wanted to say thank you. Mostly everyone has been very cool. Be safe bro.

6 Likes

GH 3-part and tap water

Yes coco crutons.

3 Likes

Oh okay, I take it general hydroponics Is GH? Or ā€¦

Ok so can I use pure coco? The lady at my local hydro store says itā€™s a pretty ā€œhotā€ medium and didnā€™t recommend itā€¦ wondering why lol.

5 Likes

Coco is not hot medium in the slightest. It may need s pre rinse but Iā€™ve never rinsed fack all always been fine occasional bit of FG but even thatā€™s rare. Canna coco is the brand I use. I get pro plus but Iā€™ve used both lines of coco they do n thereā€™s honestly not a noticeable difference.

5 Likes

@MadScientist Strawberry Diesel sounds good but Iā€™m betting on the Ninja Fruit. Cool name. Nice sauce you got there.

@Pedro_Bann they grew like a wildflower. Unfortunately I didnā€™t have a second light so I had to over veg some of my plants already growing to accommodate the cup challange, which then eclipsed the cups. The cups chased the plants and they stretched. Theyā€™re gonna be super potent. You got a little monster. Iā€™m about to order a few kg of coco. If you have any tips for.growing in coco pm me plz. Have a good one bud.

@GMan Iā€™m getting hints of fuel or cleaner. I need another wiff. Iā€™m always smokingā€¦tobacco unfortunately so my smell is shit. None of my plants are mature. I need some good naturalight pics. Iā€™ll get on the old ladies camera out soon.
Couple of comp. cup pics

This one broke and stood up when it healedā€¦solo

Couple tips of solos by the zipper. All.stkll have a bit to go. Not too too far though.

14 Likes

It took about 4 days for them to dry out. I just got finished trimming, about 10g per plant. Im just glad to get anything! :grin: thanks @MadScientist for doing this. It really helped me see what these are capable of, even in small containers.

8 Likes

The lady in your grow shop needs to find a different job as her advice is wrong. coco is a inert (no nutrients at all) media and is pH neutral.

11 Likes

Could take it 2 ways: 1) She is a moronā€¦never ask her for advise, lol

2) She is sharp, and trying to steer you into something more "forgiving" Cococ is inert, you have to be careful feeding because there is NO BUFFER..................none, what you dump into the coco goes straight into the plants. Much like straight "hydro"
9 Likes

Lol. Thanks everyone for all the advice.

Great work all you solo cup growers! Some nice looking plants .

3 Likes

I managed to grab one image between my POS phone crashing spasms.

37 Likes

Well done! :thumbsup: :seedling:

8 Likes

NAILED IT!!! Nice work brother!!!

6 Likes

There ya go bud. Stout AF Beautiful strain. Thatā€™s BHx?? Damnit Jim! Looking good. Top to bottom nugz. HID on it?
Solo 1

Solo2 right side

Solo 3 Maui SS

That last two have a NL branch being fukin invasive. Iā€™m ready for the NL to come down. Fuked!

There finishing it wonā€™t be a bunch longer. I have 1 solo trying to foxtail on me. :metal: looks great fellas. I got an idea how itā€™s gonna go Pedro, Reiko, Happy hemper?

14 Likes

Very nice bro! She really has some weight it looks like. What strain is she?

@Baltimore, your buds look stellar. Very nice and mature. They seem pretty happy.

4 Likes

Donā€™t discount yourself ol mate you are well and truly in the running.

Mine is SunShine DayDream done under LED COBs.
I am thinking I might get Emmet to trim her up and take some pics tomorrow maybe.

8 Likes

SSDD, I remember now. The one that looks like one I grew. Man, youā€™re lucky to have a future bag of that bud! Mine turned into males and I never dropped more.

I had a nice dank plant growing last run that got hit with a tiny bit of the SSDD pollen before I chopped it. Iā€™ve found 9 seeds so far. Sugar Punch x Humboldt Kush was the mom. I need to get a big jar of SSDD againā€¦ I love that smoke.

4 Likes

Emits my dude. @oleskool830 sent me the same scope. Those things are cool as heā€™ll. I have to drag the plants to the laptop. Right now some are scrogged in lol. I didnā€™t get the stand. Iā€™ll wrap some 9 wire or something an make a stand. @Sebring sent me some SSDD. Man thatā€™s a beautie.

I fixed my buddies cob itā€™s one of those 6 hole deals. The cobs you have are beastly. I was thinking of upgrading the cobs. Yours would probably melt this unit. Iā€™m a tinkerer. I have it in my cabinet area. Glad to see you killing it. @ReikoX is my dude too. Love that flood table heā€™s got.

5 Likes

Wow, Reiko and Pedro did very wellā€¦ Kudoes to so many great growersā€¦
Bog

13 Likes

I shouldnā€™t say but yeah, iā€™m leaning that way tooā€¦

Greetings Master Jedi!

Sci :robot:

8 Likes

@Pedro_Bann that is looking awesome man!!! Great job! :v:

5 Likes