MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

We know what’s up, but it’s all good. This site is a part of my life. Hopefully I hang around long enough, I’ll get better. I enjoy seeing everyone successful. @ReikoX your plants are fading gorgeous. My SBA1 is so healthy and nice.

@Pedro has more grass on his solo than is on my pots.lol I truly believe you have to hang with the masters to learn. Thanks all of y’all. I kinda don’t wanna see it end, but I got another run needs to be going shortly for OG homies.

7 Likes

It always amazes me to see these Solo Cup Grows. So much Plant for a little cup of roots. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

:cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Some coco does come super hot, and needs to be rinsed before use. Even some brands that advertise as pre-rinsed have a high EC fresh off the block.

4 Likes

Oh really? Hmm yeah I forget the brand they were selling there. What is a good coco to look into? Try the coco crutons like reiko said :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I need a meter. I’m using it now for seed starting. My first three came up beautiful and healthy. I was having a problem before with my own soil.

I suppose this stuff has been checked as it came in a seed starter kit. I got a small brick also for when I run out of the other. It was what I needed for my seeds.

5 Likes

Hey all, unfortunately I had a bit of a family emergency to deal with when my father had a stroke, and I had to abandon my plant and the 16 oz comp… and sooo close as well. :frowning: Luckily it appears to have only been a minor stroke and apart from some weakness on the left side there doesn’t appear to have been too much damage. By the time I got home my two boys had not only NOT looked after it, they had smoked it lol :joy:. In the scheme of things, losing the plant is a bit meh.
Next time maybe.

Looks like I have a shitload of catch up reading to do though!

10 Likes

Damn. I’m so sorry bro. These types of things happen. Family usually trumps everything. Hope you get everything right. I hope you run a cup for the sake of it.:call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I’m glad to hear your dad is relatively OK.

The plant was probably dry enough to smoke anyway if it choked itself from water.

It’s possible that your dad’s stroke created a stroke of luck for the rest of us.

8 Likes

Mate that looks fkn incredible I gotta say. And I bet it reeks to boot?

Yep, boys reckon it just dried up and died, probably because the roots blocked the water flow and I wasn’t around watching it’s every moment. They say it ‘looked too frosty to leave it sitting’ so up in smoke it went lol.

Yep, well as I say, it’s just a bit of ditch weed at the end of the day, and I had a blast anyway. I think I will do it slightly differently next time to prevent it clogging up, it’s entirely possible the plant may not have made it all the way to fully mature anyway. But I sure learned a lot about just how little root space I can get away with for breeders though.

14 Likes

Prayers and vibes for your dad, bro. peace

6 Likes

Ah man sorry to hear that. Glad he is okay!

I cant believe those boys would smoke without you haha

Always next year✌️

10 Likes

Hoping for a full recovery…Bog

9 Likes

SunShine DayDream chopped at day 59.

Thankyou Sci for running your 3rd annual cup competition, heaps of fun and friends and cannabis, what’s not to like.

I outsourced the trim jail labour…

Happy Days, Keep Smiling.

40 Likes

Awesome…LMAO!!!

5 Likes

So, how is the winner picked…looks, weight, ???

4 Likes

Chopped mine, drying whole

33 Likes

Hahahahha I’m dying over here. That little dude kicked the crap outta that plant!! :v:

13 Likes

Based on appearance and rootball formation

2 Likes

Then Pedro’s gotta be in it!!! LMAO…extra points for the trimmer !!!

6 Likes

:thinking:

LEGOs are so awesome it’s borderline cheating.

@HappyHemper go get some from the kids quick! :joy:

:clap:

So much fun.

Here’s @MadScientist’s newest dab-rig being built:

:evergreen_tree:

15 Likes