Magrowers Bodhi Soulmate - grow in a post

Hi everyone.
This is Bodhi Soulmate. 5x5 tent, 720 watt homemade led strip light, 4x 27 gal SIPs(with 6 gallon res) fort v compost soil with rice hulls for aeration, a handful of biochar mixed into each tote (impulse buy at worm farm), a few cups of vermicompost mixed in to each tote, lactobacillus added to res at beginning. Then I just kept the res full. Nothing else added the whole cycle.

Day 0 at flip

7 days

14 days

21 days

28 days
Faint pine smells coming from some on stem/sugar leaf rub

35 days

42 days
On vacation no pics. :frowning:

49 days

56 days
One plant is a super runt but super frosty #4. #7 is also pretty tiny
No more development after this point for #4

63 days
It’s kinda neat to see one plant starting to fade while the other one in the same pot is bright green. Artsy.

74 days

79 days
I should have taken a few pics before I chopped…

Very easy to grow plant. I didn’t expect the yield I got. Definitely one of the top 5 yielding tents I have ever harvested. I was expecting a small yielder just because I grew goji raz before and it was way below “average”. A couple of potential keepers. Very frosty so the bag appeal people will like. If anything is somewhat decent after cure I will probably give it another go just because this year the heat was higher than I like for a long stretch of time. Clones of all except one that I screwed up on. If I have one that is worthy of running again I will definitely net it week 4 or so to spread it out and not get those huge colas. Nothing good comes from a big cola other than pictures. I will give an update of the smoke in a month or so…

44 Likes

Good job man! Can’t wait for the smoke reports

6 Likes

For this old jealous Dude, can you explain your setup, SUPER IMPRESSIVE!! Always interested in such a successful operation. CONGRATS galore, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: NOTE: Never mind, saw it!!!

6 Likes

Soul mate is wonderful and looks like you had a good time with them. Enjoy the smoke!

3 Likes

Outstanding job might be my first wookie pickup after seeing your run going to be flowering out some old soul clones here in the next few weeks depending on how I like it very tempted to get a pack of the soulmate :+1:

3 Likes

Anything in particular about my setup description you are curious about? If I had to point of the biggest factor of this runs success it would be the sub irrigated planters. Not having any fluctuation in soil moisture just allows for perfect growth. Easily on par with hydroponic. (I did DWC for years). That and good soil.

Here is my inspiration thread

4 Likes

SUPER THANKS, all knowledge on this subject convinces me I can aspire to be a better grower. Seeing is believing!!! I’ll certainly refer to that Thread. In your debt, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words. I try and keep everything as simple as possible. We stand on the shoulders of giants.

4 Likes

Join us @misterbee it’s bliss.

6 Likes

Lol.

Listen I am a lazy person. I like going on long weekends away. That’s the only reason I did DWC for like 10 years. (Maxibloom Lucas formula). I could always top off my buckets and I would be good for a few days. I always wanted to grow organic but the biggest barrier was watering. With this I can fill the res and it will be perfect for days (if not a week during non-peak growth cycle). Worst case I can now just have family top off the sips. No special training needed, no large imposition.

9 Likes

That’s part of the reason I got more SIPs. If someone has to come over, I can leave the exact amount of water and just tell them to dump it down the tube. Easy is best for people that don’t know any better

3 Likes

these look pretty impressive im curious how they all turned out

i grew 5 female soulmates all wookie leaners from what i can tell. all of my plants have a flower/herbal and menthol-ish scent to them, also lots of pistils. very different from what i can see from your thread. i was hoping for some pinesoul phenos…

do you remember your ratio? or did you even get a pheno like what i got?

1 Like

They all turned out very good except a couple had lower yield and the smoke as right in the middle of the pack. One ended up being a tiny freak but was very frosty. For the most part all of the plants were very consistent to each other. Like if I told people clones were 3/4 of the tent people would totally believe it. I didn’t experience any of the phenos you describe.

I have kept #3. Best smoke and incredibly frosty. Going to run it at least one more time. I am a little disappointed in the “pine” smell. As it cured the pine smell weakened and a more skunky tone came out. The pine does come out way way more when you crush it. (It’s actually surprising how different it smells)The menthol IS there but it is so slight…almost a part of the pine smell.

Here is a cured bud I just pulled.

5 Likes

Pinesol like>?

thank you, if you dont mind ill copy paste your answer in another thread (here in OG) as it will likely be appreciated.

3 Likes