Main-Lining techniques and experiences!?

Are you running 8 colas per plant?

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Lots of topping and training? I see the scrog net in there.

3 Likes

Yeah, i think i might do the cuts to get more colas and defoliate the ones that are weak, but those colas look huge, and i think that’s what i am missing, size!

Thanks guys!

2 Likes

As long as you’re cloning the material that gets removed, it can be justified to… Manifold, a plant, just for shits n giggles.

Probably not a cost effective decision for a business unless you’re using it as advertising. If you’re running six of em tho, the clones you take off her might fully justify the extra long veg times.

2 Likes

I’ve got one in a 1.3 square tent.
I’m starting to think it was a bad idea now.

15 Likes

@Ghandisflipflop can’t wait to see them mature. Nice job!

2 Likes

Cheers mate, me either. :wink:

2 Likes

sounds like a bubba kush bush :stuck_out_tongue:
gotta love that bubba

9 Likes

I may give it a try someday just for something different. Just need to work on my headstash fund first

1 Like

How much ceiling height is there in this grow room

If it don’t grow into the lights. The stretch just won’t stop lol

1 Like

@TreeTop Yip it was kind of a bad idea but also a learning curve as well. I ended up getting bud rot on 2 main colas and a little bit more of the plant.
I had to chop much earlier than I wanted
ended up with just over 2.5 oz which wasn’t bad.
This plant is really good for stealth as it has virtually no smell at all in veg. The other plants I grew you could smell quite strong during their veg time.
The seed was Wedding cake by Bighead seeds.
I’ll post a pic or 2 when I wake up fully. :wink:

“when i wake up fully”
You can see I’m half asleep as i just replied to myself. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Dang - thats freaking sweet. My mainline experiment is kinda hopefully limping along. Definitely some skill required to this technique.

Epic! @HolyAngel

2 Likes

Nah not too hard. Just gotta be correct in your cutting and careful in your bending :wink:

Can likely get through veg faster than I did too. I had some root issues throughout that grow and she still did well.

Yes, some skill.

There are some plants out there that will not tolerate HST (my photoperiod CBD is one). My tentative theory is: hollow stems do not tolerate HST. Solid stems will.

Yeah, needs more testing :crazy_face:

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Let the bondage begin! Not mainlining, but want to try a bonsai mother. Practicing on these Twenty20 Glue Sniffer’s.

:v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

I tried mainlining… after an initial screw up I went with 4 seperate branches instead of two… then I was to cheap to cut away “what might be a top” and currently have this… with 3 weeks remaining

17 Likes

That looks so awesome!!! :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Thank you. It looked way better before the weight caused all the buds to flop lol. Lesson for next time… use a net!!!

1 Like

Would tying the opposite coals together help with the sag issue? Or is there more support needed on the mainlined branch/trunk?
Not main-lining, but Gotta get ideas to support the manifolds in the 16oz challenge. At least I’ll have a relatively solid base I can work with if it needs structural support. I’m thinking Y shaped sticks or wire.

12 Likes