Main-Lining techniques and experiences!?

My weight to length ratio stops me from tying one branch to another lol. The tops got bloody heavy and the stems just fall over. I removed it from the tent to try and set up a support system and every top flopped over 90° to the ground without breaking lol

I have half a tomato cage in there to create my main bends. If I do this again I will set up multiple levels of support early on. Even if I had a good support system half way up I would be in the clear

My base is solid… but the branches are nearly 3 feet. With all the weight on top

12 Likes

i aint all the way dailed in. but this is where I’ll end up. The same way i used to do it.
1st get a plant about a foot tall, leaving all the sun leaves intack. cut the longer bottom limbs for clones , i always did twice what i needed. just incase. i would let cuttings root for two weeks, then veg for 2 weeks, then flip for 8 weeks. before i flipped, i would do the same , cut all the limbs off untill they got down to 3/8ths of an inch long, bottoms for clones. the rest was trashed . only the very top of the plant was unmolested. do not top the plant.
i took a rubbermaid roughneck and cut 6 holes in the lid

5" cups dwc and a control bucket.
these arent me or mine. but the outcome is close to mine, just not as big as mine were . 6 plants per tote( 1 always seemed to get choked out, so this time I’m i trying 5 gal. buckets/1 plant . will probably go back to totes and only 5 per tote .

i was averaging 5oz’s a plant.
growing only the main top, perpetual,sea of green. everything on a 2 week cycle. so that bucket was bringing 30+ ounces.
i had 2 buckets going out every 2 weeks, from a 7’ x 14’ building with 2 rooms, now ive got 2 - 12’ x 12’ rooms

14 Likes

LOL, You are having way too much fun with that training! :sunglasses: :+1:

Looks GREAT!

Cheers
G

4 Likes
4 Likes

looks awesome, did you ever do that PistilWhip method that I described to you in another thread?

1 Like

Christ…why stop with results like that… looks phat!!!

1 Like

That when you pull all sucker branches but leave the fan leaves right? I believe I did that to the banana kush that I just harvested. It had a few branches, but all lower nodes on them were removed. That said, lollipopping and removing nodes like that leads to not really being able to reveg a plant after chopping.

6 Likes

yeah it’s not meant for a reveg I dont think, it’s supposed to push all of the energy in to the upper part of the plant, and it looks like it did that for you. I know on a bigger plant that technique will help get huge “donkey dick” type buds. I learned of that technique here on the OG 1.0. The original technique was to remove all of the branches from the first three nodes, and leave the fan leaves

5 Likes

Yea, it was kind of a small and stunted plant. I have a clone of one of the two banana kush, I’m going to give her at least one more run and grow her bigger :grin:.

1 Like

Still looks good!!!

5 Likes

I like small and stunted plants lol. I look for those slow growing runts, for a few reasons. They don’t crowd out the tent, and I have noticed that although the yield may be smaller on a lot of those smaller phenos, that the smoke is usually much more potent. I have one panama garlic haze plant that I am growing now that looks like something out of Dr. Seuss - it’s so small and tiny with tiny little leaves, and I have been topping it often to allow it to grow in to a nice fluffy little plant. It is almost a bonsai - I am going to veg it for awhile, maybe even put it outside in the spring.

3 Likes

I took a crack at it a few grows back. It was easy to maintain in veg but once in flower, the ghost og genes made it start stretching like crazy. Not exactly a main-line per se but serious training.

5 Likes

“Bring me a shrubbery. One that looks nice…And not too expensive.”
Hehehe
Most up dated pic I have, the runt of the group def is the better plant in this case

6 Likes

Hahaha, that would be cool to see
This plant looks really cool, but it’s due to nutrient issues making the lower leaves drop. Someone said it looked like a tropical palm.

4 Likes

Here is my latest (failed) attempt at this method. I still hate it, adds way more time to veg. This one has four tops…

4 Likes

@Seamonkey84 Ohhhh yeah?! How did that plant end up? Is it growing at all??

This is why I’ve decided to just let it get “x” tall, then start topping/fim’ng. My personal experience with mainlining is that it gets in-between me and smoking faster… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Nothing noticeable yet, I have chopped it down to the last pair of fan leaves, hoping the bottom node will sprout from that rift of bud.

2 Likes