Making RSO with PNH

bump for bookmark.

3 Likes

If you click the three dots below a post you can bookmark it as well (if you didn’t know)

4 Likes

nope didnt know thank you lol

1 Like

I eat RSO every day. :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

So I followed this thread to make some with everclear and some super frosty trim, started evaporation in too small of a glass Tupperware and it took a long time, put it in the oven at 250 to finish evaporating and decarb it and it seems I didn’t let it get hot enough for long enough because I ate 200-250mg 2x and didn’t notice anything.
Thinking I’ll just throw this glass jar it’s in in the oven and let it sit at like 240-250 for like 30-45 mins…? I know it’s a years old thread but maybe someone will see and give an opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Haha…I love seeing this thread again. Coincidentally, I’ve very recently shared some of my RSO with a fellow OG’er who was in a lot of pain and recovering from surgery. He consumed an amount that was the size of about 2 grains of rice and said he was “stoned like a gravel road for 12 hours”… And I gave him about an 1/8th of an ounce (by weight), so he has enough to last a very long time!

Even if you don’t have the distiller, you can still get the same results as mine with things everyone has in their kitchen. In fact, when I first started making it for my brother in 2014, I also used Everclear (190 proof). But I cooked it in a rice cooker because I was following Rick Simpson’s method.

Later, I started making it in a small saucepan on an induction cooktop. I chose the induction cooktop so I could cook it on my back deck (for ventilation), but if you have exhaust fans running, you could certainly cook it in your kitchen (but best if you don’t cook with gas).

I haven’t had a batch that lacked sufficient decarbing with any of the methods I used before the distiller, so I’ve never had to try any other method. But if I were in your situation, I might fill that jar with more Everclear and pour it into a nonstick pan. You may even want to add some extra Everclear so your cooking time will be increased. Then get it to a simmer/boil and cook it until all the alcohol has been cooked off. Let it cool enough in the pan that you can take sample. If it’s good, you can heat it up enough to make it easy to pour, then fill your jar back up. If it’s not good, you can heat it back up and continue cooking (Teflon spatula HIGHLY recommended!).

I mentioned in the first post that I cooked my distilled material between 230F (110C) and 250F (121C) for 80 to 100 minutes. That temperature range is not based on a setting I used, it’s the actual temp taken at the source with a laser thermometer.

You’re almost there, @Growgrassblowglass! A little more time and effort (and, perhaps, Everclear) and you’ll be finished. I promise - it WILL be worth it!

1 Like