Making seeds North East

Grower here wanting to make seeds for outdoor production in zones 2-5 in humid regions. Let’s discuss potential combinations, strain information, and techniques for success.
I have been growing for a few years and feeling the push toward making seeds (not by accident) to learn more about the plant. I’d like to have some experience before the state crumbles to the point that making seeds is a necessity.
I have 2 males from the Lemon G x Snow Lotus “love gift” pack.
I know its a weird starting point but lemon flavor is a valuable pheno for me and its got that. The female plant I saw went about 70 days so its just about in the flowering time range for me.

they got so big I took a bunch of cuts before finding out they were male

11 Likes

If your primary/only goal is making seeds it doesn’t matter. You can just harvest around 5 weeks after pollination. You don’t need the flower to finish. I will do this if I’m travelling and don’t have time to squeeze in a flower run but have enough time for seeds.

Humidity might be an issue though as seeded bud IME is more prone to such issues but there it is. I’ve lost some seeded tops this way.

Best of luck.

8 Likes

:raised_hands:

Amen to that, unfortunately.

I forsee Uncle Same outlawing home-growing after they Schedule-2 it & hand it to Pharma. We’ll be back to 1989 & hiding inside again. :man_facepalming: Really hope I’m wrong.

Welcome to OG :call_me_hand:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes