Male flowers in veg.?

I have been focusing more on males…lately… And I always thought as long as the light cycle was eighteen hours or more I would not see any Male pods… Is this normal I have them in a greenhouse with lights twenty four hours … Can I get some positive feedback they are not fully blasting out pods …you do see pods… I’ll post a picture later I don’t feel like there’s any pollen in them But I could be wrong

2 Likes

A few here or there on large plants that are months olds sounds normal.
Full on flower mode sounds like autoflower genetics. How old are they ? Have they gone dry to point of drooping recently ?

1 Like

Maybe plants are stressed because of that light schedule, they need at least 4 hours to rest, waiting for those pics … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Why are you running lights for 24 hours? That’ll definitely stress the plants some more than others and send them into survival reproductive mode. I wouldn’t even run auto’s more than 20 hours a day myself. Most plants will show reproductive parts whether on 18+ or not. I definitely have males showing their balls right now around the 6 week + veg mark. I am curious to see a photo of what you’re seeing.

3 Likes

It is normal for plants to show sex at internodes along the main stem once they reach vegetive maturity.

Its like plant puberty if you will. They’re just saying that they matured enough to be flowered.

4 Likes

Container size is also a consideration. I’ve had plants male and female go into flower in small containers. Some genetics are really prone to this.

3 Likes

When I run regs I usually start to see male parts at around 20-30 days :+1:

2 Likes

should be seeing a few female ‘pubes’ on the females now too…normal for long vegged plants.

These are not autos… Thank you for all the input… In looks like the flowers are more towards the top some are more than others I will take the advice and let them sleep a little bit… Regardless i’m taking clones of the males For breeding purposes then i’m chopping them down… Another comment was made go to the hot temperatures in the greenhouse sometimes I get there late and a couple might be droopie not bad just Needed more water the plants are 3 months old and I believe they do need to be transplanted again… thats What happens when you have over two thousand plants to work with And learning how to time management… I am growing almost every single strand from green fire genetics, afficanota Christmas drop(all of them…) This would have been my first time doing a pheno hunt And I already made a mistakes one thing I have learned don’t try to grow twenty different flavors of ten plants of each Along with gosh knows how many clones. But thank you guys for all your support I’ll post the pictures any ways… one thing I have noticed any stress at all in the male plants and they seem to show Balls … More questions come in hope to hear back from you guys

1 Like

Yes … Do you think I can revert them back to full veg? I had to cram a shit Mode of plants into a 20x100 side by side… So i’m thinking the heat the couple hours they may have gone droopy… Needed to be transplanted all our stress indicators which probably made them flower

1 Like

You can definitely keep plants under 24 hours of light with no problems at all. I do it every run and have for he last 20 years or so.

1 Like

It does not take much for the flowers to spew pollen. Once they open those pollen grains travel everywhere. I was a little too slow with a Jackberry male.

1 Like