The Sadness of the Males

Males happen. Sometimes they make you happy, because you’re a friendly neighborhood breeder and you want a strapping young lad to do unmentionable things to your prized females. Sometimes, you’ve been pampering your Conspiracy Kush for your next round of flowering, and discover that the super-branchy vigorous one that already smells amazing is… DUN DUN DUN:

… A MALE.

Anyway, please feel free to contribute to my WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE A MALE :sob: support group.

16 Likes

Sorry bro. I guess that sucks!

3 Likes

I hoped for a nice agent orange male in the 5 as a male passing orangy terpenes was why I got the AO for …
got 2 nice similar boys… and I’m happy as they are quite short and stout too…
so for me this time it’s “the happiness of males”…
:wink:

DS

12 Likes

I’m trying to get some agent orange myself. Only hear good things about it.

2 Likes

Get some pollen and start breeding anyways! Or just make some fpj with em.

4 Likes

Never let a good man go to waste! I’ve got some pollen from this vigorous C99 stud stored in the fridge…always good to cross with longer-flowering sativas:

14 Likes

Feel you. makes it hard to find the keepers.

Store in the fridge? Do tell, or point me to info on that…lol

2 Likes

pretty simple - I shake some pollen off the flowers and into a small glass jar. Then I tape a silicon dessicant pack to the side of the jar, close the jar, and store it in the fridge. it should last for a year this way.

when you take the jar out, let it acclimate to room temp before opening and using, otherwise condensation will cover the pollen & kill it.

8 Likes

I cull all males. No use for them.

2 Likes

Lmao…sorry, my bad. I thought you kept your male PLANT in the fridge…hahaha

5 Likes

Wow, that would be a new one! :laughing:

4 Likes

Sinai F1 male in flower

11 Likes

That sure looks like a beautiful plant.

Have you worked with this strain before.

I am liking that one.

4 Likes

@DanzaKuduro Is this the real seed co sinai? I’d also love to hear your thoughts on this strain.

2 Likes

This is my third time growing Sinai. I love the smell of the flowers and will make F2 seeds with a female.

4 Likes

Yes the seeds are from The Real Seed Company. I made seeds in the first grow. I learned to use t5 lights vs led during early stage of veg. I use blend of earthworm castings, coco coir and oyster shell with sprouted seed tea of beans and kelp water for seedlings.

I transfer seedlings when they outgrow solo cups. The new soil is ewc, coco coir, alfalfa and kelp meal, basalt and a powdered grain for the earthworm [ground oatmeal, barley, flaxseed]. I moisturize the mix with a sprouted seed tea of barley, beans, microgreens and/or corn.

I feed with organics like sprouted seed tea, compost teas, coconut and rehydrated kelp water.

The Sinai and Lebanese strains from RSC have early flower trait. They can show sex at 4 weeks. They are very strong and beautiful.with wonderful flavors and smells. Both are said to contain cbd.

6 Likes

Maybe I’m looking for it (confirmation bias), but I find the big strong one is often a male. I assumed it was nature’s way of having the males get larger/taller/faster flowering for breeding purposes. So they are in full bloom slightly before the females and bigger, so the pollen is above the females.

13 Likes

Yup, what he said. ^^^

4 Likes

just like us…the man is usually on top :smile:

4 Likes